Chapter 4

I clocked out of the diner and changed into my street clothes

I clocked out of the diner and changed into my street clothes. I slugged my backpack over my shoulder and made my way to Buck's. Johnny not coming home? I mean that's normal but he most likely would've been at the diner or swinging by our place. Something didn't feel right and I was going to get to the bottom of it.

I walked up to Buck's place and knocked on the door. To my surprise, Dally opened the door. He looked like he didn't get any sleep.

"Oh great, look who it is"

"Nice to see you too Dallas"

"What do you want?"

"Can I come in?"

"I don't-"

"Please, this is the last place I want to be at right now but it's really important that I talk to you"

Dallas looks around the room behind him and motions me to come in.

I followed Dallas upstairs to his bedroom. I sat down on his bed and he closed the door behind him.

"Okay, spill...what do you want?"

"It's Ponyboy...and also Johnny. Ponyboy and Darry got into a huge fight last night to the point where Darry put his hands on Pony. Ponyboy ran out of the house and he still hasn't came home. And this morning before work, I went to see if Johnny was home to see if he saw Pony and he wasn't home, I mean I know it's normal but I haven't seen him at all today."

"So did you come to me to see if I've seen them?"

"Yes, I mean I know Pony wouldn't go to Two-Bit or Steve so you're the first person that came to mind after I couldn't find Johnny"

Dally smirked at me and sat down next to me, putting his arm around me in the process.

"I was the first person on your mind you say?"

I push him off and say

"Don't flatter yourself Dallas, this is serious. My two best friends are gone and god knows where they're at...I'm just worried"

Tears started coming out of my eyes and I tried to hide them before Dally noticed. Dallas sighed and said

"Calm down cry baby, geesh I'm sure they're fine."

"Wait, why aren't you even worried? I mean I know you don't have a heart but how come you're not?"

"It's Ponyboy and Johnny. They can handle themselves."

I gave him a glare. Something is up and he knows.

"Dallas...do you know where they are?"

"For the last time, no! I haven't seen them since I left the Nightly Double."

"We may fight, we may get under each other's skin but I know something is up and I know when you're hiding something"