Chapter 2

Dally was waiting for us under a street lamp when we walked up

Dally was waiting for us under a street lamp when we walked up. He lit up his cigarette and threw the match aside.

"Hey Dallas, what's going on?" We greeted.

He blows out a smoke and says

"We're early"

"What do you wanna do?" Pony asked

"Nothing legal man let's get out of here"

I swear that's Dally's favorite word "man". He uses it in almost every sentence he says. Just for fun, Ponyboy and I count how many times he says it. We counted 35 one time.

We went down the street and walked up to the Dingo. The Dingo is a place where greasers hang out. It's a pretty scary place to hang out at in my opinion. There's a lot of fighting going on there and from what Ponyboy tells people, a girl got shot there. The first time I hung out there, I had to cling onto Pony just in case anything happened. We walked around talking to greasers we knew, catching up on things. A fight broke out between a Greaser and a Mexican hitchhiker. We left once switch blades came out, not because we were scared but because we knew the police will be showing up.

We decided to walk over to the Nightly Double after that. Of course instead of paying the 25 cents to get in, Dallas wanted us to go through a hole in the fence. Typical Dallas. We took our seats at the drive in and of course Ponyboy seats me in the middle of him and Dallas. Dallas lit another cigarette and threw the match to the side where it fell in my lap. I knew he did it purposely. I picked it and threw it at him.

"The fuck Dallas?"

"Calm down dollface, it was an accident" He said putting his hands in his jacket and leaning back in his chair.

"My ass it was an accident and can you stop smoking near me, I've told you that many times. I hate the smell"

"Oh wah wah, what are you going to do about it Cry Baby?" He then blew smoke in my face.

I smacked the cigarette out of his mouth which turned Pony's and Johnny's attention to us.

"Why are you such a pain in the ass?!"

Ponyboy grabbed hold of my arm to keep me from doing something else to Dally.

"Lucy, stop." Ponyboy said to me

"Oh I'm so scared, what are you gonna do, tell on me?" Dallas said lighting another cigarette.

I gave him a glare before I turned my attention towards the movie. Just then, two girls take seats in front of us. One had short, black hair and the other had red hair. I recognized the red hair girl. Her name is Cherry Valance and she's a cheerleader at our school. Of course, Dally was staring at them. I already knew what was coming for them. He nudged my side and said