TWENTY: Charlie's best idea

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

I wasn't upset if Adam was frustrated with me for telling Bombay the truth. I had to, for his sake. If he continued to play with that type of injury it would've just cost him in the long run. I only did it because I care about him, no matter if we were together or not. I would do anything to make sure that he was okay.

"Hey, Kimmy!" I heard someone call out and from the corner of my eye I could see the familiar mop of brown hair, Charlie. I stopped my brisk pace and he appeared in front of me.

I peered up at him, only now noticing that he was growing to be taller then me, "Charlie!"

"I have an idea!" He said excitedly.

I gave him my attention, to show him that I'm interested, "Go on."

Charlie and I fell into synchronized steps as we made our way to the dining hall, "You know how Adam is being benched, and we're one player down?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"I was thinking that we could ask Russ to take his place until his wrist heals." Charlie smiled widely. I liked the idea so I nodded in approval, showing him that I agree with the idea.

We ate breakfast before slithering our way over to Gordon Bombay's seat, the two of us appearing on either side of him causing him to jump up in shock, "Jesus Christ Kimmy, Charlie!" The woman beside him giggled behind her hand.

I smiled widely at the man, "We have an idea. Well actually- Charlie has an idea."

"Alright, I'm listening." Coach glanced over towards Charlie.

"Since we're a player down in the roster, we should get Russ to play for Adam." He suggested.

"Wait, who's this Russ we're taking about?" Gordon questioned, sitting at the tip of his chair to take a sip of his steaming coffee.

"When you were all Captain Blood, we met this group of kids. Russ is, I suppose, their "group leader". But he's really good at hockey and can do this thing called a 'Knuckle-puck'." I rambled.

" 'Knuckle-puck' ?" He echoed, appearing intrigued.

I nodded excitedly, "Yeah, It's really cool! I think Fulton would benefit from learning it, too!"

Coach sat back in his chair and thought for a moment, "Alright, introduced me to this 'Russ' you're taking about."

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎