FOUR: Guilty

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

It was a Sunday, Coach Bombay had called us to the ice rink two hours earlier before the game to practice. I was counting down the days until my dad gets back home from his work trip, I missed him so much and wished he was here right now to watch me play.

"1... 2...3....BOOM!" Coach shouted as Dave skated forward, jumping up into the air but unfortunately tripped and face planted onto the ice, I harshly winced. The team began to laugh while Connie and I sighed, shaking our heads.

"What are you laughing at cream cheese boy? Let's go!" Coach ordered at Goldberg, pushing him forward.

Coach then paired us all into two's, I was paired with Averman. Coach visually demonstrated what we were supposed to do before telling us to begin. Averman and I both fought to pull the others skate, but I was able to hook my hockey stick on his skate blade and yank it towards me. I let out a loud laugh as his back slammed onto the ice, moaning on the ground.

"To cheat you gotta make those falls look real!" Coach informed everyone. I didn't like the idea that he was wanting us to cheat to be able to win, he should've actually coached us instead of making us cheat. Charlie shared the same opinion as me that we shouldn't go so low and cheat, cheating isn't having fun at all.

"Come on Averman, act hurt." Coach sighed while skating towards us.

"I am hurt!" Averman groaned. I giggled and began to help him up.

"Sorry Averman." I apologized, patting the poor boy on the back and he grunted in pain again.

Bombay ordered all of us to complete two lines facing each other as he strode in between, making us repeat words that I had no interest in partaking.

"Good good, now say it again!" Coach ordered.

"Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant!" The team yelled as I barely let the words slip past my teeth, this wasn't right. Coach nodded in satisfaction and ordered for us to do it again.

"Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant!" The team yelled again as I mumbled.

"Good! You guys are ready," Coach encouraged, I sighed, shaking my head in disappointment. This definitely didn't feel like we had practiced our skills instead we were taught to act and pretend, like we already didn't know how to do that.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

The hours had passed and now the game has started, I was sitting on the bench watching as Goldberg ducked down to the ice as the players shot the puck into the goal. I slammed my fist against the top of the wall that separated the bench and the ice in frustration.