SIXTEEN: Quarrel

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

The next morning my entire body was stiff and in pain. I groaned, lazily grabbing the medicine bottle taking a couple of circular pills and gulping them with water. I rubbed at my eyes but kept them closed as I shifted my body to lay comfortable in my bed to try and fall back to sleep, not bothering to know what time it was.

"Kimberly, you need to get up." I heard the familiar voice of my sister commanding me, feeling her tugging at the covers I held close to me. I ignored her, an airy laugh from Julie soon following as Connie grumbled something under her breath before the sound of a door was swung opened and slammed shut.

I hummed, relaxing into the soft sheets underneath me. It was a few minutes until there were voices heard from outside, once they made their way into the room I could tell that she was arguing with Charlie, trying to see if he could possibly do something about me getting out of bed.

Charlie sighed, leaning down so he was directly near my ear, "Do you plan on coming with us to breakfast?" I stayed quiet, not answering as a crippling sense of dread clouded over my body, I didn't want to talk to anyone today, I wasn't in the mood for anything. I guess that he could sense it when he let another sigh leave his lips, "I think we should just leave her alone until it's time to leave."

"I don't even know why I asked for your help, Spazway." My sister snapped, clearly not pleased with his answer. I could perfectly imagine her crossing her arms over her chest with a scowl on expressed over her face.

The boy threw his hands up in defense, "Hey, I'm not trying to repeat what happened the last time I had to awaken this beast." I couldn't stop myself from lowly smirking, the memories of when we were much younger coming into mind at his words. Charlie wanted to surprise me before school and took the brave task of waking me up first, it didn't exactly end well, at least not for him. He ended up with a bloody nose but I can never even seem to remember when or how I hit him, I was half asleep after all.

"I'm not leaving you alone Kimmy, you need to get ready and eat something before the game." I heard my sister sigh, the covers were thrown off of my head in a matter of seconds. I winced, unprepared by the bright lights above me stinging my eyes as I reached to cover them.

"What's going on in here?" There was another voice standing near the door to our room, I kept a hand shielding my squinting eyes before turning over and fell on the familiar figure of a boy that I seemed to know so well. Adam stared at Charlie and Connie who stood over me with an confused expression, his eyes flickering between the three of us.

"Forcing my sister and your girlfriend out of bed." Connie perked happily, making her way to the closest as she began to pull out clothes for the day, even folding my hockey jersey and tucking it away into my hockey bag for later, putting my gear and bag near hers that sat on the floor near the door organized. I wouldn't ever trade her for anything.