ELEVEN: We are so back!

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

My mom hummed along with the soft melodies of the old radio that was not too far from us, we were relaxing on our family porch swing dad had installed recently and I was beyond excited. I laid my head in her lap with a crinkled summer school book in my hands, the warm air occasionally flowed through us and into the trees that stood tall around our house. Mom had grown quite the green thumb and took an interest in gardening, a beautiful display of different kinds of plants sprouting in the flower beds in front of our home, making it even more welcoming than it was before.

Her slim fingers laced in my hair, tugging away at the knots that I forgot to brush out this morning. It was just the two of us at home, everyone was off doing their own things and I didn't bother finding anything else to do other than to read my summer school book and relax with my mom. I never liked leaving her alone these days, she's already had two false labor scares.

My mom is currently on maternity leave from her job so she stays home most days unless she goes for a walk or does something new in her lovely garden. We were strict with mom and never allow her to lift anything, she was ordered by my dad to take it easy but my moms too stubborn most of the time.

I noticed that I've gotten thirsty from the thick air, remembering that Adam made homemade lemonade for us the other day, "Do you want some lemonade, mom?" I asked, lifting my head up from her lap.

"That would be great sweetie, it's getting kinda hot." Mom replied, wiping off the beads of sweat from her forehead. I smiled at her, setting my book next to her before heading inside to fetch us drinks.

Once I made the two glasses of lemonade with fresh ice cubes, I noticed my cat Tango rubbing himself against my ankle. I chuckled, softly rubbing his head before leaving the kitchen with Tango trialing behind me outside.

I passed a glass to my mom before I took my seat on the swing next to her, Tango jumping up onto his own perch on the porch that my dad had also built. I knew that the fat cat would never leave the premises of our home because he knew that we feed him and gave him the most ultimate care, he would never survive as a street cat. After taking my last sip of the deliciously sweet lemonade, I laid down with my head back in my moms lap and her dainty hands found their way into my hair again.

I shuffled around until I was comfortable and pulled out the book from under me, starting back to where I left off as my mom began her soft humming to the tunes coming from the radio.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

Some time had passed when I heard it. The familiar sound of a duck whistle caused me to sit up on the swing and look around, wondering where it was coming from.

"Quack! Quack! Quack!"

Then I saw Charlie, Averman, Guy, Connie, Jesse, Adam, and Goldberg rollerblading down the street, strapped in their protective gear. I grew excited since I haven't seen Jesse and Goldberg in awhile, it was thrilling to see them after so long.