29: Unable To Resist

It felt so much better having the troubles lifted off my chest as I confided Terence last night.

It was as though no one but him truly understood how I felt.

That was enough for me.

The lift 'dinged', signaling that I have reached my destination as the doors opened.

I took in a deep breath and stepped forward as I entered the place where I used to work.

Like I have said, I was quitting this job. Even if he got till his knees to beg me, I will never waver.

The fear of him knowing that I was carrying his baby was still there. I feared that he would fight for the custody of the baby and take my baby away from me.

No way in hell will I allow that to happen. The last thing I wanted was for my baby to follow in his footsteps.

I mustered my courage as I stared at the door in front of me. My hand wrapped itself around the door knob tightly as I opened the door.

F*ck this shit, I'm not going to care about him anymore. He doesn't deserve my attention.

The first thing I saw was a zombie version of him seated on the desk as his eyes were closed.

Eye bags were visible, his hair was in a mess as though he had tugged on it several times.

Everything about him, even his shirt dress was untucked with creases.

I can't believe how much he had changed in such a short span of time.

Was he going through what I was currently going through as well? Or was it all an act just to fool me?

Get a grip of yourself, Natalie. You have to be strong for the unborn baby inside of you.

I cleared my throat, noticing a grunt coming from him as he massaged his temple.

"Didn't I say that I don't want to be disturbed?" He groaned in annoyance.

"It's me."

This instantly got his attention as his eyes peeled open. Joy flickered across his eyes as he stared at me.

"Sorry," He paused, quickly adjusting his suit as he slowly made his way towards me. "I didn't know it was you, babe."

I frowned deeply. "Don't call me that anymore, Declan. Like I have said, we are already over."

It was as though he was burned by my words, his joy turned into sadness quickly as he continued to stare at me.

"Please don't do this to me, babe. Let's talk." He offered, trying his hardest to change my mind.

This only made me think of him as a pathetic jerk. He should move on, instead of trying to make me stay.

"It's no use trying to change anything, Declan. I have already made up my mind." I calmly stated, wishing for a million times that my hormones was not acting up at this timing.

It was making me so incredibly horny, unable to resist those lips of his.

F*ck, this pregnancy was making things worse. I should flee when I have a chance.

"So what if you have made up your mind? I am not going to let you go this easily." With that said, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me with no care for the world.

Unable to resist him, I felt myself reacting to the kiss as I deepened it.

F*ck, I have certainly lost it.

Our lips molded, moving in sync as he pulled my body even closer towards him. My arms found his neck, wrapping them around his nape tightly as I pulled him in for more.

I missed this feeling of our bodies close to each other. If only things hasn't turned that way, we would still be together.

The door suddenly flung open, startling us as I broke away from the kiss.

I turned around to see Terence staring at us in shock before it quickly turned to anger.

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

Apologies for the short chapter but I'm already trying my best to lengthen it! No promises, but I will try to update at least twice a week ;)

7th January 2017