25: A Surprise Visit

The moment I reached the house, the first thing I did was to drop to my knees. Silent cries filled the living room as I broke down instantly.

I can't take it anymore. At this point of time, I felt like dying.

I have a life in me. Yet, I was backstabbed again and again by the baby's father.

Why must my life turn out to be this way?

All hopes were lost. That once strong and confident woman was gone. All that was left was the little fire burning in me.

Yet, it was slowly extinguishing by itself, leaving me torn and broken.

I just don't know what to do with my life anymore.

++++

I was planning to stay in my house for the entire day, just sleep and eat until it becomes a routine.

Since I have applied for all of the leaves I have not been using for the current year, I might as well use up all of them completely before I tender my resignation.

Working under him was a mission made impossible. It kills me to even see him flirting with another woman who isn't me.

What's more? He even went against his promise and cheated on me. This jerk doesn't even deserve to be a part of my baby's life.

He can rot in hell for all I care.

I touched my abdomen with my hand tenderly as I smiled. I had done a pregnancy test and it showed two red lines.

It was positive.

The day after tomorrow, I was going to have a checkup at the clinic to confirm.

All will be good.

Knocks pounded on the door rapidly as I tensed, wondering if it could be boss.

I sighed, climbing out of the bed as I slowly walked towards the door.

I peeped through the small hole and instantly sighed in relief when it was the unknown savior who saved me.

In fact, the name shown was Terence when he saved his number in my contacts.

I opened the door, noticing a broad smile on his lips.

"Morning sleeping beauty, have I woke you up?" He greeted with a certain cheerfulness in his tone.

I laughed, "Not really, I was going to climb out of bed anyways."

"Then I am glad I am here with breakfast." He said, lifting the plastic bag in his hands.

I raised a brow in response. "That's surprising. Come in."

He chuckled huskily. "Trust me, there will be a lot more surprises coming from me."

"Well, I'm looking forward." I shrugged casually, moving towards the kitchen as I set up the blender.

It has been so long since I had surprises. I have a feeling that I was going to enjoy his presence from now on.

"What are you making?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow in curiosity as he leaned against the island counter casually.

"Apple juice." I replied, not looking at him. When I was about to get the mugs, I looked up, noticing him staring at me intently.

Was there something on my face?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, raising a brow.

He merely chuckled in response. "You look beautiful even when you are focusing on the blender."

I was dumbfounded by his words. He was literally so straightforward with his words when we barely knew each other.

"I will take that as a compliment." That was all I managed to choke out as I quickly turned back to whatever I was doing.

Another deep chuckle came from him while I focused on making the apple juice.

A song was played on the radio and I began moving my hips to the beat. It was a calm and relaxing song that I don't mind dancing to it all day.

The apple juice was finally done and I poured it into two mugs.

I turned around to see him staring at me until his eyes landed on the mugs I was holding.

"Thanks." He took it from me and began drinking while I moved towards the couch silently.

Sitting down on the couch, I turned on the television as the news anchor appeared on the screen.

"It has been reported that Mr. Anderson was attacked by an unknown man and was found unconscious on the ground by his PA."

There was a picture of him laying unconscious on the ground with his face badly bruised.

I turned towards Terence who was staring at the screen without any emotions. His eyes met mine as he smiled. "He deserved it anyways."

I shook my head. "You could have been implicated if you were caught. I can't watch you going to jail because of someone like me."

"Someone like you? I will never blame you even if I land in jail, Natalie. I will do anything for you."

Wait, how did he know my name when I didn't even give him my contact number?

I shot up from my seat, staring at him. "Who are you? How the hell did you know my name?"

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

9th December 2016