26: Childhood Sweetheart?

I leapt out of the couch and stared at him warily, literally switching to a defensive mode.

If he tried to do anything to me, the umbrella stand just by the door will be aimed on his head.

"Don't worry, I am not here to harm you. If I wanted to do that, I would have strike first." He reassured with a tight smile.

For some reason, I believed his words and calmed down slightly.

"Have you forgotten me, Natalie?" He asked while I stared at him without a clue.

"Who are you exactly?"

He chuckled huskily, quickly covering his disappointment as he smiled. "Still remember the little boy who used to piggyback you around whenever you were injured or bullied?"

*Flashback*

I felt myself being pushed to the ground, hitting the big rock next to me. I cried at the sight of blood.

The big bad bullies were laughing at me, saying how weak I was. I continued to cry until a boy much older than me chased them away.

He came up to me and pulled me up while I continued to cry. He bent down to a duck position and made me go on top of him.

I did and he carried me like this for the rest of the day as we had fun in the fields.

I felt that I was no longer alone again.

I smiled at the memory, realising that the little boy was actually him.

"You are him?" I confirmed again, my eyes twinkling brightly with hope.

He smiled. "I have always been here for you." He widened his arms and I rushed forward and hugged him.

He carried me up and spun me around. By the time he placed me down, I was feeling nauseous again.

I quickly rushed to the bathroom and threw up all my lunch.

It felt so horrible to be pregnant.

A hand patted on my back warmly as he comforted me in silence.

"Are you not feeling well, Natalie? Shall I get some medication for you?" He offered while I raised a hand to stop him.

I wiped my mouth clean and stared straight ahead. "There's no need for that, I am just pregnant."

"Pregnant?"

I sighed, shaking my head at the state I was in. Even when I am pregnant, I am still going to go through this alone.

"Who is the baby's father?" He asked, making my heart numb upon mentioning him.

I ignored his words and washed my hands instead to keep myself busy.

When I rose to look at the mirror in front of me, his eyes stared straight into mine with coldness in them.

"Is it... him?"

My eyes widened as I turned around to face him. I dropped to my knees and grabbed onto his hands.

"Please don't tell him. I don't want him to know that I have his baby." I cried.

He pulled me up and held onto me tightly. "Why would I even let a bastard like him know that he has a baby? He doesn't even deserve to be a part of the baby's life."

I held onto him as if he was my lifeline and cried my heart out. My heart was hurting so badly, it was tearing apart.

I hated the fact that he could make me fall in love with him and he could make the pain so unbearable.

I hate myself for allowing him to hurt me.

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

18th December 2016