"And what do you think you're laughing at, my dear?" Ducky asked as he reached over and started tickling Tim. The toddler squirmed and laughed as Ducky tickled his tummy.

"I'll give you something to laugh about." The older man continued until Tim was gasping for breath.

Once he'd caught his breath, Tim tugged on Gibbs' shirt to get his attention.

"What is it son?" Gibbs asked, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"Ba ba dada? Pwease?"

Gibbs ran his hand through Tim's bedraggled hair, "Of course, sweetie. You want some breakfast too?"

"There are plenty of leftovers from brunch yesterday. I heated up some of the French Toast casserole and I must say I think it was better the second time around. The oven is probably still warm if you wish to heat it in there."

"Good idea, Duck. I'm too exhausted to think about cooking anything today." Shifting Tim in his arms, he added, "Kiddo, will you sit with Ducky while I get breakfast ready?"

"Yesh." Tim mumbled after much contemplation, finally agreeing when Gibbs reassured him they'd still be in the same room. Tim wasn't having any separation anxiety until the nightmares began and Gibbs knew it would take some time before the toddler felt comfortable being away from him. He hoped once the nightmares stopped and Tim felt safe, he would allow there to be some separation again. Eventually he would need to return to work, but thought about taking family medical leave time if needed. He was a father again and his son took precedence above all else. There was also the possibility that seeing the team would provide a good distraction along with the return of his beloved dog, Jethro.

Starting the coffee pot he grabbed a clean bottle out of the cupboard and filled it. Popping it in the microwave he returned to the refrigerator and rummaged through the leftovers. Finally deciding on fruit along with the French Toast casserole he dished out two servings and placed them in the oven. When the microwave signaled it was done, he removed the bottle, checked the temperature and handed it to his boy. Greedily sucking, Tim laid back against Ducky's chest and allowed the older man to loosely wrap his arms around his tummy. Gibbs was relieved Tim was allowing someone else the opportunity to comfort and console him.

Once the coffee started percolating and the aroma filled the air, Gibbs couldn't wait any longer to get a swig of the fresh brew. Replacing the pot with his mug he waited impatiently as the cup filled. Once it was half way filled he switched the two again and sat down at the kitchen table. Ducky laughed as the younger man sniffed the swill and took a sip.

"What's so funny, Duck?"

"Oh, nothing Jethro. I contemplated starting a pot earlier, but I wanted you to sleep and knew the aroma would wake you so I held off."

Taking another sip and sighing, Gibbs replied, "You know me too well. I'm glad you held off so we could sleep a little longer."

"After the trauma yesterday and dealing with Timothy last night I suggest you both take it easy today. By the way, how are you feeling this morning?"

Gibbs winced as he shifted in his seat, his achy bones making themselves known. "My head is throbbing and I'm actually quite sore. I was going to take a pain pill after I got through with breakfast. I figured we could take it easy and I'm hoping the medication will take the edge off."

"Oggy?" Timmy questioned around the nipple invading his mouth. Gibbs happened to catch what the toddler was asking and responded, "The doggy is doing fine, kiddo. He's with Abs right now, but he'll be back soon."

Ducky cleared his throat and briefly made eye contact with Gibbs as the timer buzzed. Wagging his finger as he rose from the chair, Gibbs replied, "Hold that thought, Duck."

NCIS: Ages & Stages: Growing Up McBabyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara