Chapter 29 ~ Reunited Part 1

"I told you this was a bad idea!" Mickey yelled over the helicopters and flying bullets. 

"Pfft..." Kai dismissed him with a hand, "You're idea wasn't any better!"

The entire group looked at him with blank faces, growing silent.

"Yes, it was." We all said dismissively and got back to our mission which was, currently, to get out of Edei's funhouse. 

A clown's  red and yellow, leather glove flew out to hit me however Scarlet grabbed the hand and twisted his arm while yelling profanities and started to pound on him.

"It wasn't--Hold on," Kai stopped in the middle of his sentence to shoot another creepy, walking piece of a human with his black, sleek handgun. I have become immune to the sound and sight guns and the killings that this gang has forced me to become accustomed to. After months of living with them, hearing them practice by shooting the apple off Weuss's head, which only resulted in one accident that I know of, and this crazy adventure, it's become almost daily life. I could probably go through anything now. I'm fearless. 

"Hayley! Watch out, there's a spider on your back!" 

I stopped running and dropped to the ground, rolling around on the floor to get rid of the four legged creature that was crawling on my back. I heard laughter and looked up to see the rest of them far ahead of me and the whole team of creepy clowns approaching me. 

Goddammit, Kai.

FLASHBACK:

"Intoxicated!?" I yelled at Kai who had his ear to the wooden door, listening for something. 

"Mmmhmm, babe," He responded absentmindedly, sending blush rushing to my face at the cute name he called me. Suddenly, my thoughts flew back to the kiss minutes ago and the place suddenly got hotter. 

Kai must've noticed my change in behaviour whispering something to Scarlet and walking over to me. He gripped my small, pale hands in his chocolate brown, soft ones. My heart started to race as he looked down into my eyes and smiled. 

"Listen, babe, baby, wifey, honey bunches of sweetie pied oats," He rambled a list of pet names for me as I scrunched up my face, "I know that you love me and all, I mean who doesn't, rig--"

"Kai," I interrupted him with a warning look, telling him to get back to the point.

"I need you to help us get us out of here, thoug--"

"HEY! YOU LOVE BIRDS I ACTUALLY NEED YOUR HELP OVER HERE!" Scarlet yelled from the door as I caught a glimpse of her pulling the silver needle out of the key hole and inserting it in another direction. 

"I swear if I get interrupted one more goddamned time, I will put a gun to someone's head and force their brain to take a bullet..." 

Kai continued to ramble about something as he kept one of my hands enclosed in his, walked over to Scarlet and continued to speak about the lock. I changed my eyesight to our hands and smiled, however, quickly shook off the love feeling, remembering what Kai was trying to say before Scarlet cut him off. 

'I need you to help us get out of here...'

I nodded my head to myself and started to look around the room to check if there was anything that could help us get out of our current dilemma. 

"Why don't we just break down the doors?" Scarlet asked standing up from her crouching position.

Kai looked at her for a split moment before turning his attention to me, then the ground. He shook his head as if contemplating something.