Chapter 18 - Turning Back Time

Ok, so I have thought long and hard about this chapter and had to get multiple people to help me out with the conflict. Please enjoy it was hard work. Now I need a nap.

~Taco god

What exactly is life? To live in freedom and happiness. To find your wild side and run through the hills? Maybe. But it sure as hell isn't this.

"Everyone. Out." Kai growled in such a tone only I could hear. He knew everyone was already half out of the door because of their inching but the low growl that erupted from Kai's mouth however, once they heard the growl somehow they all rushed out and all I heard was the door slam. 

I blinked. Wait. How did I get in this situation? I was just trying to get answers as to why I have been here for so long. As to why I've been kidnapped and most of all, why they have been so nice to me. I don't get it.

 I was brought out of my thoughts by something touching my cheek.I looked up at Kai. His face was hard and angry but he was gently touching my cheek. What the hell! Stone cold yet so gentle! Why are these people so confusing?

Kai  slid his hand from my cheek to my shoulder and his eyes started to soften. He took a deep breath in before exhaling and chanting,"I am the taco god. I do not hurt young tacos..."

I cocked my eyebrow. I was afraid to say anything because of the fact that I just punched him in the face but at the same time, my mouth was on rapid fire.

"What the hell are you going on about?" I asked him.

Kai's eyes immediately hardened again and he removed his hand, leaving a cold spot on my shoulder. He stared down at me.

"What am I on about?" He spat at me. I took a step back.

"What am I on about?" He asked again closing the space that I had put between us,"No, what are you on about?"

"What am I on about?" I asked him taking another step back with him following up.

"What am I on ab-" I was cut off by a yell outside the door.

"Stop it guys! That line is getting old!" We heard Weust yell from outside the door.

"Go away!" Kai roared. I suddenly felt scared. I have never seen Kai like this throughout the days I have been here. He was scary and he looked like he could kill me with the tip of his thumb in fifty different ways...

"Um, listen." I started, "I just want to know why the hell you won't tell me. You don't have to get mad or-"

"It's none of your business." Kai spat.

"You know, it was none of your business to kidnap me but lookie here, ya did. And all I want is a reason as to why you did it!"

"I already told you...I thought you were hot..." He told me once again fighting back laughter. 

"Kai! Just tell me!" I yelled getting frustrated with his games, "Why are you even broken like this!? Why are you even apart of a gang!? Killing people is against the law if you didn't know and so is kidnapping!"

"The reason I'm in this game is none of your goddammed business." He said returning to his cold self.

"Why won't you just tell me?" I asked, my eyes dropping to the floor because of the way he was speaking to me.

"Listen Hayley, sometimes it's best not to hear a broken persons story." He told me, his voice a little softer now.

"Maybe telling someone will make you a little less broken?" I offered quietly. Kai didn't answer right away. He just stood there watching me with my head down making me feel holes burning into my scalp.