Chapter 23 - Why is she here? Part 1

Caution: THIS CHAPTER HAS LIKE TWO TO THREE CUSS WORDS....TWO AND A HALF.

Have you ever heard that song called "Be Our Guest" from that one movie Beauty and the Beast? Well, it wasn't what I expected to hear when I woke up from my little faint that I decided to take on the plane. Yeah, the same plane that was hijacked by some old woman that won't leave a couple of young kids alone. 

I opened my eyes to hear a chorus  of voices: 

"Be our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test..."

"Tie your napkin 'round your neck, monsieurs, and we'll provide the rest." 

"Edei. What's going on?" I looked to my right to see Kai glaring at someone in front of us and farther down I could see Val, Scarlet and Peter. 

"Yeah, didn't anybody let you know that this is private plane...As in private." Tiger growled from in front of me. I soon became aware that the seats had somehow changed while I was in my nap mode. We were all sitting in a circle with this lady, that I assumed was Edei, was standing in the middle.

"Haha, nothing's ever private when it comes to you boys. I would've thought so with my daughter-" Edei was cut off by Scarlet. 

"Mom. Stop." Scarlet answered sternly.

"Scarlet! You betrayed me!  I should just kill you! But you know what?" 

Edei walked up to Scarlet and grabbed her face between her pointer finger and thumb,"You're my daughter and I'll let you know that I can do much worse."

"Just living with that fact, that I'm your daughter is pure, rotting torture." Scarlet spat. 

The plane went quiet for a full thirty seconds before Edei's laughter broke the silence. 

"Sweetie, you and me both. You know, having a daughter that betrayed her mother for some tests is a burden-"

"Their not tests! Their people!"

"Don't you raise your voice at me!"

"Your barely my mother to me anymore! I don't have to do shit you tell me to!" 

There was a loud echo of a hand colliding with a face throughout the plane. I looked up at Scarlet to her her hand swiped to the right and Edei's hand frozen in place before it came back to her side calmly. 

"You bitc-!" Peter tried to yell and fight back but  punch was thrown to his face by one of Edei's henchman. 

"You children have no respect." Edei stated calmly knowing that in everyone's condition of being tied up to airplane chairs, nobody could get close to her, but she didn't know what was coming to her.

"We dont? We have no respect?! You kidnapped me when I was three to torture me and make me fit your qualifications for some stupid experiment! Which, by the way, according to you failed."

"Haha, son-"

"I'm not your son you a-" Another punch,"ss-" Another one,"H...le"

"Please stop it!" Scarlet yelled over and over and with each punch that Edei ordered she hummed "The Death of a Bachelor" by Panic! at the Disco. It had NOTHING to do with the situation.

I looked at the others, hoping that one of them would step in and save Peter from his beating. I couldn't stand it.

"Hey," I found myself yelling,"yeah, you old hag. Over here!"

The old hag took in a deep breath, turned on heel and towards me. We locked eyes. Suddenly I felt as if we shouldn't have. The beating on Peter stopped and Scarlet was bawling her eyes out. She looked at me with a mix of gratefulness and fear in her eyes. Everyone looked at me and I suddenly started to feel the mistake creep it's way to my chest. Kai was the only one that didn't look at me and instead did his best with a tied hand to hold mine. He was oddly successful. I let my hand hug his back and took in a deep breath. 

Edei stalked towards me like a predator to it's prey. 

"Hello Hayley. I've heard so much about you."

"Hahaha....haha...ha...I've heard very little about you." I confessed with was half a lie half true. Even though Kai did  tell me how the gang came to be, I always felt like there was more to the story, more I could know. I looked the horrible woman in the face and realized with guilt:

'Since when were such bad people so pretty?'

Her skin was a perfect olive tone and it matched with her emerald eyes and dark brown hair. She was wearing a dress worth dying for, sleeve-less, silver dress with open sides and matching silver gloves. 

"Oh, really? Because based off of my sources, I'd say Kai told you alot of very bad things about me. Oh, such the pessimist he is, always showing the bad things about me instead of the good."

The more and more this woman talked the more I thought, how does such a stupid woman have so much power? I mean, first of all, she get's mad over nothing, it sounds like she never went to pre-school...Elementary school...Any school. Did she seduce all her workers or something? The more I think about it, the more I realized that all her henchman are men. Before I could help it, the words rolled out of my mouth. 

"Are you a stripper?"

Worst mistake of my life.

A/N

Don't ask. I purposely made this chapter more dramatic than it had to be and I also made Edei and Scarlet get in a bad argument for no reason. And yes, I purposely made the guys stay quiet when horrible when things were going on. Why? BECAUSE IT'S PART OF THEIR CHARACTER! You'll find out more later. So please don't message me with a:

"OMG! WHY DIDN'T KAI DO SOMETHING!?"

"Because. (I'm not giving spoilers)"

Also please don't ask me 

"Can you please update."

When I got back on I got a hundred of those. It was oddly annoying especially since I'm stressed right now because of grades, sports and not getting enough sleep.

But I still love all of you. 

Bye, bye! I love you forever and always! Imma take a nap, you guys eat a taco! It'll prevent their inter-galactic revolt. ;)