18

Devin strolled into his home , his bag on his shoulder and exhaled , happy to be back in his home. The smell of vanilla hit his nose and his mouth began to water as he imagined the meal Aya was making. He had a different dessert in mind for today but he'd enjoy what she'd prepared as well. He dropped his bags and closed the door.

"Baby I'm home!"

He yelled and Aya ran out of the kitchen , some flour on her cheeks and a bit on her clothes and jumped on him. He caught her and held her to him. He hadn't talked ot her as much as he'd craved while he was away and when he did , her mind sounded like it was somewhere else. He'd gotten worried but based on how she'd reacted to seeing him , he relazed instantly.

"Someone missed me?"

He guessed and she nodded into his neck , still holding on.

"Don't leave for that long."

"Alright , I'll try but it's my job Aya."

He helped her down and kissed her lips softly and slowly.

"I missed that."

He sighed and Aya smirked before she pushed him playfully.

"No one told your ass to go."

She chuckled before she headed back in the kitchen , he popped her on her ass real quick before she could get away as he smiled after her.

"My boss did you know the one who pays me so I can afford all this shit you accustomed to."

"Alright I'm not complaining no more!"

She surrendered with a laugh at the end of her exclamation.

"We just miss you Devin."

Devin smiled at that , he was glad that they did. With Aya it was often hard to gage how she felt towards him , if she was just as into it as he was because at this point his family was everything. He didn't fuck with any other girls while he was away , they just weren't worth it and besides all he saw was Aya. It was almost as if being away from her made his feelings ten times stronger for her.

"Is that..."

A tiny voice trailed off before Devin looked up and saw Destin dressed as Princess Tiana at the top of their staircase.

"DADDDYYYYY! YOU'RE HOME!"

She squealed as she ran down the stairs , hopping so quickly it made Devin nervous and just like her mother she jumped straight onto her father. Kaia's chuckles followed as she walked downstairs.

Devin nodded at her and Kaia smiled as she watched how her niece was getting embraced by her father. The relationship was so cute it made her wonder about what ifs in her life , what if she had kept the baby. Kaia shook the thought , her and him were over , that's why she was here. He'd broken her heart , and had the audacity to still try to contact her. He turned her life upside down , how could she ever go back to Washington?

"Welcome back Devin , your girls missed you."

She told him as she headed to the kitchen and Devin followed behind her with Destin still in his arms. His princess, he missed her face so much.

"I missed them more."

He kissed Destin's forehead just as they stepped in the dining room to see Aya putting down plates. He finally put Destin down and took his place.

"What are we eating baby?"

He pulled Aya by her waist, as he looked at all the delicious food that was on the plate before him.