2.

Aya didn't recognize anything around her, the throbbing in her head , the weirdness of the feeling in her limbs, the cottony taste in her mouth. The bright light gleamed down on her as she took in her surroundings.

"Good morning , sleeping beauty."

A cheery voice greeted and she looked over to her side where a nurse was beaming down at her. She tried to sit up and then a pain shot through her, not unbearable but painful all the same.

"Let me help."

The nurse steadied her and helped her up. It was then that she noticed the huge cast on her leg.

The memories flooded back to her, the accident , the glass , the blood, her baby.

"Where's my daughter? Where's Destin? I need to go to my daughter!"

She tried to escape the confines of her bed but the nurse just held her down.

"Ms. Underwood , I assure you that is not a good idea. You have a few bruised ribs and a fractured tibia. We just finished doing a CT scan so we're still not sure if we can rule out a head injury."

Aya rolled her eyes , she'd be alright , she was breathing , she was alive but was her daughter? What did she mean it wouldn't be a good idea?

"Please let me see my child I need to know she's alive and well."

"She's alive Ms. Underwood . However she had some internal bleeding and lost a lot of blood. We're holding out for a donor but her blood type is rare O+ and none of your friends or family that have stepped forward match and neither do you. We checked your chart. She has no head injuries and her arm is fractured but at her age it'll heal and be okay. She just needs blood, urgently."

Aya fell back into her bed, this was so much to take in. She just wanted to be with Destin but instead she was in her bed.

"When can I see my daughter?"

The desperation in her eyes struck the nurse deeply. She gave her a small smile as she fixed Aya's blanket.

"Your scans should be out soon , if there's no sign of brain damage , you'll be discharged and you can see her. Your sisters have been with her since you guys were admitted."

"My sisters, which ones?"

Aya looked out the window and recognized her uncle's frame hunched over in a seat , he was praying. Her aunt was there as well, rubbing his back. They didn't realize she was awake.

She couldn't imagine the pain they were feeling , this probably was unpleasant déjà vu.

It struck her too but she was so young when that happened, younger than Destin. To think that they could've lost 4 people in the same way, it was horrible.

"Zolee and Kaia I believe , your other sister Yara was out there but she must've stepped out. Your brother was here as well briefly he caused a commotion.My you've got a big family."

Aya just nodded , she couldn't even smile , her heart was too heavy. She needed to get to her baby.

Amari was there? She hadn't seen her twin in two years.

"Can you send my uncle and aunt in?"

She asked the nurse who nodded in response before she went out and escorted them into the room. Her uncle seemed to exhale his burden when he saw her sitting up , he ran over and hugged her carefully before he sat in the chair right next to her bed. He was so worried that she wouldn't make it. Her aunt hugged her as well and kissed her forehead.

"How are you feeling honey?"

Her aunt queried and Aya frowned before she responded.

"A bit sore but I'm fine , have you seen Destin? How does she look?"

Both of them sighed but her uncle was the first to move he took her hand and began , his voice a bit shaky.

"She's fighting Aya , she just got out of Theatre. The seat belt that held her in was faulty , as soon as he hit you guys , she flew into the dashboard. Had a crushed spleen which lead to internal bleeding. They had to perform surgery to correct the damage done to her spleen. She's young so they say she's going to be perfectly fine. It's just the blood, they don't have any in the bank and we're not a match."

His voice cracked and he began to tear up as his mind reeled on the possibility of his grandniece , losing her because of this. The same way he cried when he thought of losing Aya, he began to sob for Destin. He couldn't imagine life without either of them.

Him and his wife Denise never had any children , she couldn't. Therefore Aya was their only daughter and her brother Amari there only son. They'd raised them both since they were two years old, she was their baby though and so was Destin.

"They have her on a blood extender to sustain her until a donor is found."

Her aunt continued now squeezing her hand as her uncle tried to hold himself up. He couldn't muster the strength to pretend that everything would be okay when he wasn't sure.

He excused himself and now it was just her and her aunt.

"Aya , she'll make it through. Zolee and Kaia have been with her every step and they say she's alright , she's been asking for you the whole time. Do you think that you can get her father, he's the only person who might have the same blood type or one that can be donated to her since you can't."

"Auntie , I'm sure there'll be a donor."

Her aunt frowned at her , her expression becoming grave.

"Aya , if she doesn't get that blood she can go into Hypovolemic shock it's a medical emergency caused by severe blood and fluid loss which impedes the heart stopping it from pumping sufficient blood to the body. As a result, tissues don't get enough oxygen, leading to tissue and organ damage. If left untreated, she can die Aya."

She can die , she can die , she can die , she can die.

It played over and over again in her head bringing tears to her eyes. She couldn't , not her baby. Life wouldn't be the same after that , she would have no life.

"I don't have his number."

Her last excuse was feeble , there had to be another way , but her baby may have not had the kind of time needed for her to figure that way out.

"Your uncle does , I took it from his phone , he has shares in the Suns remember? Give him a call."

Her aunt left her phone and the number on the table next to Aya's bed before she got up and left and with a sigh Aya picked it up and dialed.

The phone rung twice and then a deep voice answered.

"Hello?"

She hung up.

She wasn't ready.

She just wanted to see her daughter.