10

"Mommy , don't forget the strawberries."

Destin reminded Aya as she went back up the aisle to grab some. Her mother just smiled at her , tonight they were having a Disney movie night with Devin. Things had been going well for them , Aya and Devin were in a good place and Destin was of course still crazy abut her dad and Uncles especially Tyler who might be joining them tonight. Amari had a date so after the movie she'd wait up for him and probably tease him.

It all came with the territory of being an annoying younger sister.

"Mommy can we get some ice cream too?"

Destin's eyes were as big as moons as she asked the question , how could you possibly say no to that?

"Okay let's get it , but just two and then we get the movies , okay?"

"Deal!"

Destin hung onto Aya's shirt as she walked through to the freezer section. She stopped in front of the Ben & Jerry's and let Destin decide which ever ones she wanted. In the end she picked Milk & Cookies and Chunky Monkey, suddenly she turned to her mother.

"Mommy , these are kind of small , if there's four of us shouldn't there be four ice creams?"

Destin gave her a really sweet smile and batted her eyelashes , she blamed this on Devin , ever since he walked in , any time Destin did that she'd get exactly what she wanted , she was spoiled. The amount of toys , clothes and sweets he'd given their child was ridiculous but she understood. It was hard to say no to a face so cute, Aya found herself agreeing and watched as Destin picked out two more flavors.

It was only because she loved ice cream herself. Destin put in S'mores and Blue Moon Ice Cream because of course her child would find Ice Cream that was blue. She laughed at this as they ventured through the aisle and got some whip cream and sprinkles.

"Movie time?"

Destin queried and Aya nodded with a wide smile on her face to match her daughter's excitement.

"Movie time!"

They went to the other side of the store and found the Disney section where Destin fell in love.

"Destin , choose four. That's it."

"But daddy said I could have five."

Destin countered and Aya rolled her eyes , oh , Devin.

"We'll see, just choose ."

Destin didn't need to hear that twice , she picked up the Princess and the Frog first.

"She looks like me mommy!"

That was the explanation for her first choice and this kind of filled Aya's heart. She grew up on Disney herself so she realized how big of a deal that was. She was glad her and her daughter enjoyed the same things but seeing that their had been progressive changes such as a black princess made her extremely happy. Destin loved her skin but seeing that she could watch characters that shared her tone , it was amazing , especially a character as multi-faceted and special as Princess Tiana.

"And this because I'm Arielle too."

She threw the Little Mermaid into the basket and then continued her pursuit.

"This too because she's brown like me too."

She passed Aladdin to her mother , Aya approved of each of her choices so far, boy did she and Devin have a night ahead of them. This was something they'd agreed to do every Friday night with her so Aya was stocking up the movies for the month, she didn't have time to do this every week.