9

Devin rolled over and looked at the mirror on his ceiling. The party promoter chick still slept on the side of him , he didn't remember her name. It wasn't his usual tryst, she was a one night stand , a simple one off after a bad game and now he wanted her gone.

He grabbed his phone and smiled immediately when the picture of Destin and Aya popped up from her birthday, both their faces painted. He missed his daughter, things had gotten so out of control he hadn't talked to her in a week and a half.  He wondered how they were doing . He looked at the time and swore. He had a photo shoot in an hour.

He didn't want to wake the girl up, good byes weren't his thing especially because that's when girls got clingy , the morning after, so he quietly maneuvered around his room , took a shower , changed in the bathroom and then gave his housekeeper the task of making sure she saw her way out.

It could get messy , Devin preferred to stay spotless. He called Tyler on the hands free to see if he was the only one running behind time and sure enough he wasn't.

Tyler picked up , his voice sounded groggy , sleepy and Devin figured he'd just woke him up.

"Man I'm kind of busy right now."

Tyler's statement was breathy , Devin cocked an eyebrow , he heard this weird slurping noise in the back.

"Do you like that daddy?"

He nearly pulled over right then and there; this nigga was getting head when he had a photo shoot in the next thirty minutes.

"Tyler you wild, your ass got places to be. We have a photo shoot in the next twenty nine minutes man."

"shit , I'll be there."

Tyler hung up and Devin shook his head, that boy was gone fuck himself into unemployment.

He dialed Aya's home number next.

"We're sorry; you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again."

He looked at the hands free weird before telling it to redial, sure enough he got the same response so he called her cell phone next.

"Hello?"

"Hey Aya , what's up? How's Des?"

"Oh hey Devin , nothing much just working and Des is good, she's actually at a swimming lesson right now."

"Damn , she's always doing something ain't she?"

"Yeah she wants to be multi-talented , I'm fine as long as she's happy. I'm sorry about your game last night."

Devin huffed , it was terrible, their team wasn't cohesive and as a result they played like shit. He'd never felt a loss like that one, he didn't want to feel it again.

He pulled into the parking lot, grabbed his phone and got out.

"I miss you two, I'm going to come and see you guys soon."

He promised just as he spotted his coach ushering him over impatiently.

"BOOKER! THEY'RE READY LET'S GO!"

He yelled and Devin gave him a nod as he started toward the entrance hastily.

"Oh , Devin about that..."

He cut her off, the set was crazy.

"Aya I'll call you back , I gotta go."

He hung up and got straight into wardrobe where they put him in his suns uniform and shaped up his cut a little before letting him go out with the rest of the players. They took some team shots and then a few individuals. After all was said and done all the players lingered around for a bit. Devin kept shaking his head at Tyler who came thirty minutes late but Tyler just gave a cocky smile and a 'what can you do?" look.