Chapter 9

5 months later...

"What if something happens? I'm just nervous about this," her words came out softly.

"I know you are, but it's going to be okay. I'm going to be right there with you the whole time," Elliot said as he kissed his wife on the forehead.

"But this trial, El...what if they don't find him guilty? What will I do? I can barely live my life now, and knowing he's still out there would make it so much worse."

"Olivia, he will be found guilty...and if he's not, I'll make sure he can never hurt you or anyone else again. You're my number one priority, you always have been and nothing will change that."

"I know, El...I know," she looked down at her shoes.

"Are you ready to go?" Elliot said, grabbing the car keys off of the nightstand.

"Let's get this over with."

~~~

After a long day in the courtroom, it was finally time for the jury to make their decision. Everyone walked out of the courtroom, some went to grab a snack, others sat on the benches around the courthouse. "El, do you really think he's going to be found guilty?" she asked, scared for her life.

"I do. I really and truly believe that."

"And what if he's not? Then what?"

"Well, Liv...I guess we just keep fighting, because the things he did to you...I could barely even touch you sometimes. Do you know what that did to me? Not being able to touch or kiss my wife? H**l, our lips haven't touched since I don't even remember when. Liv, what I'm trying to say is that, even though you're right here, I miss you, and Lewis isn't going to take you away from me again. I will do what's necessary, if it comes to that," his last sentence came out forcefully to make up for how sentimental he just was.

"I'm sorry fo-" his words cutting her off.

"Don't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry for. I love you and I don't care if we never get to kiss again, but as long as I'm with you...none of that matters to me, okay? So, don't apologize for something that you can't help. It's not your fault, Liv."

She smiled at him and then walked away to get something to rid her thirst. She found the snack room, and inside were things to make coffee. So, she decided to make herself a glass.

In the middle of making the glass, she all of a sudden couldn't move and it felt like she couldn't breathe. Lewis...he was right behind her, she tried to run, but she had no way out. "Where do you think you're going, sweetheart?" the smirk on his face grew larger.

"Please, Lewis, let me go. You've tortured me enough, I can barely have anyone touch me. I can't even kiss my own husband. Do you know how awful that is for me? For him?" she tried to stay strong.

"Once they find me not guilty for these charges against me, I will find you. I don't care where you moved off to, I will find you because, sweetheart I've got some bad news...this ain't over," his hands started moving towards her as she screamed, but no one heard her.

~~~

Olivia had been gone for about 10 minutes or so, when Elliot decided that something wasn't right and he went to look for her...calling her name as he roamed the courthouse. He then ran into a woman walking, more like stumbling, out of the room.

It was her. "Liv, what happened? Are you okay?" he said as he held her up to keep her from falling as they began walking back to the bench to sit outside of the courtroom.

"It was him. He did this to me," she cried.

"Olivia, who? Who did this to you? What happened?"

"Lewis!" she yelled. "He said that once they find him not guilty, he's going to find me and that this wasn't over."

"Liv, honey, calm down and listen to me...he will never find you because he will be going to prison for the rest of his life, is that clear?" he asked as she nodded her head. "Now, you sit here and let me go find this son of a b***h."

"Elliot, no! Please, don't leave me here!" she cried and you could tell she didn't want to be left alone.

"Okay, honey. I'm not going anywhere," he took her in his arms and kissed her forehead.

~~~

The jury came back and it was time for the verdict. "On the charges of kidnapping in the first degree, how do you find?" the judge asked, turning his head towards the jury.

"We find the defendant, William Lewis, guilty," one of the jurors said.

"On the charges of rape in the first degree, how do you find?" the judge says firmly.

"We find the defendant, William Lewis, guilty," the juror said.

Olivia could finally breathe as she hugged Elliot and he ran his hand across her back. "William Lewis, I sentence you to life in prison with no parole. This court is adjourned," the judge hit his gavel and everyone stood up and walked out.

Lewis stared Olivia down as he was being carried away. She halted to glare at him, but Elliot put his arm around her shoulder and walked her out. "Come on, Liv. Let's go home," he said.

She looked back once more, but the guards had already carried him away. She felt relieved...like she could actually live in this world, now that she knew he couldn't hurt her, Elliot, or anyone else close to her.

They finally got home and all she wanted to do was sleep. It was something she thought she could finally do since Lewis was arrested. But apparently, she was wrong. She tossed and turned all night. No matter what she did...she just couldn't sleep.

A/N~ I'm alive and well! Sorry for not updating in a while, but here you guys are! There will be either 1-3 more chapters left in this book, but let me know in the comments if you would like more than 1-3! I would be glad to come up with something to keep this book going! Love you all!