Chapter 7

The ambulance finally arrived about 7 minutes after he made the call. She finally woke up, but was still very dreary and pale. "Liv, look at me! Keep your eyes open, okay?" he said, worriedly. He knew he shouldn't have went to work with her like this. "You're going to be fine, Liv. I love you! It's not your time to go," tears pouring down his face.

The paramedics rushed in and put her on a stretcher and carried her to the ambulance. Elliot got in the back with them, both he and Olivia, covered in her blood...which terrified him.

Looking around at all of this blood that she's lost, not even bothering to count the blood in their bathroom floor and sink.

When they got to the hospital, they bandaged up her arms and hung multiple units of blood to make up for what she had lost.

~~~

Elliot was sitting at her bedside, holding her hand when a doctor walked in the doorway. "Detective, could I speak with you outside?" she asked, holding the door open as Elliot kissed Olivia's forehead and stepped into the hallway.

"Is she going to be okay?" Elliot asked.

"She'll be fine, but if you wouldn't have gotten home the minute you did, she wouldn't have even made it to the hospital. If she would've even lost an ounce more blood, you wouldn't have a wife."

"I understand that, and I'm glad I got home when I did," the words coming faintly from his mouth.

"Don't blame yourself for this. You couldn't have known she was going to do this. After what she has been through, I know I would've done the same thing," she said before turning to walk off, but Elliot spoke up.

"Hey!" he said as she turned back around. "I know this is a weird thing to ask, but...could you do an ultrasound and see if she's pregnant?"

"Of course. Let me go get the ultrasound machine and I'll be right back," she said before slightly smiling and walking off to get the machine.

Elliot walked back into the room, Olivia still sleeping. He had to know if she was pregnant and if she was, he needed to know if it was his or...Lewis's. No matter what, he needed to know so he could make her eat and drink properly.

The door to Olivia's room opened and the doctor walked in with an ultrasound machine. "Alright, this is going to be a bit cold, so it may wake her up."

"I doubt that, she can be a heavy sleeper at times," he said with a laugh then a slight pause. "Well...she used to until all of this happened. It wasn't all the time, but sometimes if she was tired enough, she could sleep through anything," he said while tears went down his face, but he forced a laugh.

"I know it's hard, but you will get through it," she said before squirting the gel on her stomach which, surprisingly, didn't wake her up.

The doctors moved the wand around on Olivia's stomach...nothing. "Okay, so she's not pregnant," she said with a smile.

"Thank you, doctor," Elliot said as she left and Elliot kissed Olivia's forehead.

She woke up minutes after the doctor walked out. "Hey, you're awake," Elliot said, sitting up.

"Where am I?" she faintly asked.

"You're in the hospital. You don't remember anything that happened?" he asked in confusion.

"Um...I don't...wait," she paused.

"What's the matter? What's wrong?"

"I tried to kill myself," she took an even longer pause to stop and realize what she actually tried to do. "I tried to kill myself," she said once more, realizing what she had tried to do.

Elliot sat there and took her hand and bit his lower lip. "Yes...you did," he mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

"I tried to kill myself...oh my gosh. El, I'm so sorry...I just. I couldn't live like that anymore. It's hard, I just wanted to feel something. I didn't mean to put myself in a hospital. I was just tired of being numb all the time. I'm so sorry."

"Liv, you don't have to apologize. It's okay. I'm fine, you're fine. You're here. You're alive. That's all that matters, okay?" he said as she nodded her head. "Now you try and get some more rest."

She then turned and closed her eyes, trying to fall back asleep.

~~~

A week later, they were finally back home. The doctor's said everything was looking good and sent her home that morning. "El, where are we going?" she asked as they were driving home, but she knew he wasn't going the right way back to their house.

"It's a surprise," he said, smiling.

Several minutes later, they pulled into the driveway of a huge, gorgeous house. "Elliot Stabler, is this what I think it is?" she said, getting excited and put her hands over her mouth as they got out of the car.

"What do you think it is?" he said as they walked up to the house. "It's ours."

"El, thank you!" she said, tears down her face. She hugged him tightly and he paused for the slightest of a second and quickly hugged her back. It felt so good to have her in his arms like this.

They slowly backed out of the hug, but he kept his arms around her waist, and she kept hers around his neck. She looked up at their house and was still amazed.

She looked back at him and they made eye contact. She looked directly at his lips and slowly leaned in. Without saying anything, their lips touched and they were kissing.

This was the best either of them had felt since the assault. Minutes later, the kiss ended and it was like, in that moment, everything was perfect. They were themselves again. "I love you," she said.

"I love you, too," he mumbled back...

A/N~ I'm back! I know it's been a while. But I am trying to get on track😂 So, just stick with me, like you all have! Comment what you guys think this chapter. I'll update as soon as possible! Love you all and thanks for reading💗