Chapter 4

A few hours later, Elliot reached where he and the squad where searching the previous day. He drove past the car that was parked on the side of the rode. He turned off his police lights and he continued driving.

About 30 minutes later, he came upon an old building. He pulled the car in the driveway and quickly got out, gun in hand.

He opened the door slowly, not making any noise. Olivia was lying in the living room floor while Lewis was in a different room cooking something.

She looked up to see Elliot standing there near her. "El..." she whispered to where Lewis couldn't hear her.

"I'm here. This is all over, now okay?" Elliot said softly.

"I hope you're hungry, baby doll!" Lewis shouted from the kitchen, his voice becoming closer. Elliot quickly went into the bathroom, leaving the door cracked.

"Lewis, please..." she said, not wanting to eat whatever he had.

"Don't be rude. I made you this meal, now you're going to eat it!"

"No, I'm not!" she yelled out, only to be met with several blows to the stomach from Lewis's foot.

That's when Elliot pushed open the bathroom door and took Lewis to the ground, pounding him with too many punches to the face to count. Lewis was knocked out, but Elliot continued to punch.

Blood was pouring out of Lewis's nose, and he had several cuts and a busted lip...and Elliot was still punching. Olivia had to do everything in her power to make him stop...to keep him from killing him.

Lewis looked pretty bad, but when Elliot turned to look at Olivia, Lewis seemed anything but bad. Olivia, didn't even look like Olivia. "Liv..." Elliot whispered as he cupped her face gently.

"I'm...I'm fine...really," she said as a tear escaped from her eye.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner."

"El...I'm not blaming you. You did everything that you possibly could. Please...please don't blame yourself. It's not your fault, okay?"

"If only I would've been there. If I would've been home with you...this wouldn't have happened," he said as police and ambulance sirens were heard from outside. He and Olivia hugged, but they both knew what was going to happen next.

Her statement...trial.

It was all going to be torture. Just plain torture.

~~~

It has been a week since she was in that place with him. Trial was coming up soon, and she was beyond scared. "Liv, you're going to be fine. Don't worry," Elliot reassured her.

"What if I'm not, El? I'm already not."

"Don't say that, babe. Please? You're going to get better, it's just going to take time."

"Yeah..." her voice faded and the room fell silent for a bit, before she spoke back up. "Do you still...you know...love me?"

"Liv, baby...I never stopped and I never will. That's that. I've always loved you and nothing will ever change that, not even this. Understood?" he said as she slowly closed her eyes and nodded her head. "I love you, Liv."

"I love you, too, El," but neither of them leaned in for a hug...or a kiss. He didn't want to push her, he knew she was a bit off since everything...but it's all about timing.

He didn't care about hugging, kissing, hand holding...sex. All he cared about was her...he loves her. No matter what. None of that stuff mattered to him, as long as he still had her in his life.

~~~

Trial went somewhat well, better than she expected. The constant flashbacks and having to remember, wasn't so fun. But...how could she forget this? She tried to keep it together, but of course, there were tears.

This was only the first part of the trial, and since Lewis tried committing suicide while he was being held in custody, there would have to be a follow up trial. His lawyer stated that 'he wasn't in the right state of mind to do this so soon'.

Afterwards, everyone wanting to go out and get a drink, but Olivia wasn't up for it.

"You sure, Liv?" Elliot asked her as he put a hand around her waist.

Then, it hit her. A flashback. The weeks of torture in there with him. "Get your hands off of me!" she yelled, as she jerked away from him.

"Liv, baby, it's me. Elliot."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," she said as she began to cry and Elliot pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead.

"It's okay, baby," he said before turning to the squad. "I think it's best if you guys go without us. Liv's feeling a bit sick and I think I'm coming down with something myself. I don't want to risk us actually being sick and get you guys sick, too."

"Alright, you sure?" Amaro asked as he grabbed his coat from the chair behind him.

"Yeah, go ahead," Elliot said, keeping Olivia at arms length.

"Liv, you feeling okay? You don't look so hot," Fin said.

Then, Olivia started feeling a bit dizzy and she fainted as Elliot caught her in his arms. "We need a bus!" he yelled out.

The bus arrived and took her to the hospital, Elliot at her side the whole time. Just in case she did happen to wake up and wouldn't completely freak out about her surroundings.

They got her in a room and the doctor came and checked on her. "Nothing to worry about here, Mr. Stabler-" Elliot cut the doctor off.

"Detective, please."

"Alright, Mr. S- I mean, Detective. I think she'll be fine. She should be waking up shortly. I think she was just under a lot of stress, her blood pressure was pretty high when she first got here, but it's starting to go down. She felt a bit hot, but she's going to be fine. Nothing to worry about here."

"Thank you, doctor," Elliot said, before entering her hospital room.

She woke up no later than 2 hours later. "El..." she whispered out.

"I'm right here, baby. Do you need anything?"

"Where am I?"

"You're at the hospital, Liv."

"What? Why? What happened?" she said, more aware of her surroundings than she first was.

"It's okay, don't worry. The doctor just said that you were possibly under a lot of stress and that you had a pretty high fever. Your blood pressure was pretty high, but it's stabilized now. You're fine, babe," he said before leaning down and placing a kiss to her temple.

A/N~ Hey! Comment what you all think☺️ Thanks for reading! I love you all💗