A Better Tomorrow

You sat on the beach remembering every moment of what happened to Zircon and how devastated Garnet was you sat there and heard her screams and echo's in your head. She was worried about you until she saw Zircons Diamond in your hands, you remember how she dropped down to her knees and looked at you looking as if she were saying 'Why wasn't it you?' You put your head in your lap and sobbed a bit trying to relieve your stress until you felt a hand on your back. "It's OK." You looked up quickly at the familiar voice and looked around. "Who's there?" You stood up and looked around again trying to find the source of the voice.

"(Y/N)?" You looked back at Pearl and smiled warmly as you walked over to her. "Are you ok?" You hugged her tightly and stood there for a while. "It's my fault she's gone, Pearl." "She did that to protect you (Y/N) its not your fault." "I'm glad she disappeared before Garnet saw her..she was in so much pain that she couldn't speak.." "Zircon is strong she won't be gone long trust me I know." "What about Garnet?" "Go comfort her be there for her (Y/N) listen to her just be you." "Just being me isn't enough Pearl. I don't like being me." "Well, you can't be Zircon. Or Steven, Amethyst, or me. You have to be you and only you." "Pearl.." "You make it hard on yourself when you doubt yourself. You can't always be perfect you're going to face so many challenges as you go along with life. You're going to sacrifice and you're going to lose people you love. Trust me I know from so much experience and its not fun. I know what you're going through (Y/N) you just have to learn to strengthen yourself so you can become stronger as a gem." You looked at Pearl and saw the experience in her eyes begging you to listen to her wisdom. "You're right." You said swinging her around. You two danced for a bit then stopped as your gem glowed for a second. "Sorry." "No need to be sorry (Y/N). It's just another step closer to who you're really looking for." Pearl winked at you and danced away back to the house. "A step closer...what?"

*time skiippp*

Garnet and Pearl watched as you practiced your fighting skills with holographic images of your enemies. "What are we going to do about (Y/N) Garnet? She's so addicted to you...I don't understand.." "Why she's addicted to me I don't know I've done nothing so great for her to be addicted to me. I understand your feelings for (Y/N) but she doesn't understand her feelings quite yet." Garnet adjusted her shades and smiled at Pearl. "But don't worry she'll find out her true self soon enough. She's just blinded by pain and guilt." "She thinks you hate her for what happened to Zircon." Garnet sat there for a moment thinking to herself before answering and stopped smiling for a bit.

"I don't hate her for what happened I hate how it happened...Zircon protected her just because she actually stood up to her for me, but our relationship isn't what (she/he) thinks it is. It's frustrating because (she/he) won't listen to my advice." "She doesn't want to be herself, Garnet." "I know and I want her to really badly so she can be happy." The two looked down immediately when they saw your dark aurora bit ae out of the sand. "(Y/N)!?" Pearl said summoning her spear. "That's Jasper!" Garnet said summoning her gauntlets. "I GOT IT!!" Zircon jumped out of the door and fell down onto the sand running full sprint towards Jasper. "You're mine Cheeto Puff!" Zircon threw a chain past you and grabbed onto it with all of her strength as Jasper tried breaking free. "Argh!!" Zircon looked back at you then threw another chain at you to keep you in place. "Woah there!" You broke free and broke ground as you ran at her.

"No no no!" Zircon swung Jasper in front of her and let you punch her in the face making her poof into smoke. "Take her gem Garnet!" Zircon threw it up in the air and kicked it also slamming you down into the sand. "Cool it!" "ZIRRRCCOOONNN!!!" You said blindly as you got back up attacking. "Cool it (Y/N)!" She noticed your skin turning into black armor and summoned a small scythe. "I said cool it!!" She wrapped the chain around your neck and struck the scythe in the ground deeply so you couldn't move around. She backed up a bit and aimed at your chest with the palm of her hand.

"Cool it (Y/N).." She said watching as you started breaking the chain little by little. You broke free and she quickly trusted her palm into your chest shattering your armor, she caught you before you hit the ground and stood you up straight. "Hey, (Y/N) you ok?" You looked at Zircon and quickly pushed her off of you. "You..how'd you come back so fast?" "I'm Zircon, need I explain more?" You chuckled a bit then ran your hand through your hair as you stopped. "I didn't mean to you know.." "I did it in free will (Y/N) not like you forced me too." "But why? All the things that I did to you." "I don't care. I understand how you feel about Garnet really I do but you have to consider other people's feelings too." You sat down and rubbed your head. "Can we talk for a bit?" Zircon sat next to you and gave you a bright smile. "Of course!" Yellow Diamond watched the two laugh in her monitor and turned her nose up to you two and snapped her fingers. "I want you to go and destroy those two for good." "Yes ma'am."