Love learning

You sat there looking down at Zircon and Garnet as they sat there holding each other watching the waves. "But she's a fusion...she doesn't need love." "That doesn't mean anything." You looked at Pearl and sighed. "She's actually one separate person from Ruby and Sapphire, she has a different mind than them she can feel love separately and do other things separately. She's her own person." "Why Zircon?" Pearl looked at you and smiled. "Jealous? I understand." "What do you mean you understand?" "Zircon. She left me for Garnet, told me she was sick of my obsession and that she would be happier with Garnet." "And you take up for her? She's so rude and mean!" "She's only like that because you're around (Y/N) she's not too fond of you as you can see. She doesn't really like Garnet around you at all or she flips." "Garnet deserves better." You said kind of pouty you jumped a bit as Pearl held your hand then gave her a weird look as she smiled grimly. "I can tell you some things if you really want to get with Garnet you know." "You can?" She nodded at you and led you back inside getting ready to tell you everything she knew about Zircon and Garnet.

(time skip)

"(Y/N)" You looked at her and smiled as you saw her three beautiful bright eyes. "yes?" you said hesitant and with a bright smile. "I need your help looking for something in the ocean, mind if you come along?" "N-no I don't mind at all! I would love to come along." She grabbed your hand and led you outside making you burn inside and out. "You must be nervous?" She said not looking back. "Is it that obvious?" You said with a nervous laugh. "kind of...but it's cute its unlike you actually. I wouldn't think of you as the nervous type." "guess I can't help it when I'm around you." You said with a laugh. she finally looked back at you and looked around the beach. "no need to be all smooth (Y/N) its not going to work." "Oh, yea cause you're with Zircon am I right?" "That and its unfitting for you just be yourself." "Be myself? So you're saying I have a chance still?" "(Y/N) you already know the answer to that. I can't just go and be with you instead of Zircon. it's not me, we've been together for quite a while." "But she doesn't treat you like how you should really be treated." "And you can treat me better?" She said kind of jokingly to you. you grunted and grabbed her kissing her trying to prove a point then you heard her name from behind you and you stopped to look back at Zircon, who was very, very angry at you and Garnet.

   "Garnet what are you doing?!" She said trying not to sound defeated and hurt. "Zircon...!" Garnet said to her as she clenched her hands and walked away. "How could I not see this coming!" Zircon said as she kept walking. "Should've ended her a long time ago.." Tears started rolling down her face as she heard Garnet call out her name behind her. "Zircon please stop and talk to me." You watched as the two started talking and put your guard up as you saw Zircon put her fist up. "Zircon please I already told (her/him) about us and I thought (she/he) would listen.." "But (she/he) didn't and now look what happened! I tried to do this your way Garnet I did but (she/he) isn't going to listen to you anymore and I see that I have to step in." "You don't have to Zircon its not necessary." "You might be all calm but I'm not I'm on fire about this Garnet!" You took a step closer and watched as the two kept at it not noticing you walking up on them.

"It's not her fault."

   You said trying to calm Zircon down a bit. "And you!!" She said turning to you, she pointed her finger at you and you saw it turn red slowly. "I'm going to destroy you for this!! You're just another parasite that Garnet tries to help!" "Parasite..?" You said kind of hurt. "Yea a parasite." Zircon looked at you two and walked away burning the sand under her feet as she did. "Zircon.." Garnet said sadly. You held her hand and she looked at you with tears filling her eyes. "I'm sorry Garnet I didn't know she was so close by or I wouldn't have done anything." Garnets crying got worse and she snatched away from you trying to hurry back to her room. "Garnet wait!" You followed after her as she hid behind some rocks and quickly turned the corner looking at Ruby and Sapphire.

   "Ruby? Sapphire?" "What did you do!?" Ruby said yelling at you. "Ruby calm down." Sapphire said. "Look what (she/he) did to Garnet!" "Anger is not going to help us this time it will only make it worse." "But-!" "Ruby please." Ruby grunted and crossed her arms staring you down. "(Y/N) please tell me what told you to do what you did. And please answer honestly because if you don't Ruby will attack you and I will find out sooner or later." "I really really love Garnet Sapphire..and I think she can do better than Zircon." "And what makes you think you can just come out of nowhere and do that!" Ruby said very angrily at you making you jump back. "She's just hurt about what you did trust runs thin with us and you seem to have made it thinner."

   "I'm sorry Ruby." "That's something Pearl would say! It's like you just listened to Pearl and went with it! It-its like she told you stuff that you knew would hurt our relationship!" You sat there and started to panic because she was completely right about everything. Pearl told you everything about them and you used it hurting Garnet and making Sapphire and Ruby mad at you. But how would they know? It's not like they can see into the future. "You did..didn't you." "N-no." You said still nervous and kind of sweaty. "I already know (Y/N) continuing the lie will not help you." "Alright..but I didn't think it'll be this bad! I really didn't!" "She told you to be yourself!!" Ruby jumped up and grabbed your shirt pulling you all the way down to her level. "And you still didn't listen!!" "I'm sorry OK!? I just really want what's best for Garnet and it looks like Zircon isn't doing anything for her to have the best!"
    "Garnet isn't looking for the best out of anything (Y/N) she just wants love and Zircon is giving her just that." "All I see are fights between the two." "Every relationship has fights (Y/N) you need to really learn about love ask Steven or Connie way better than asking Pearl. You need to learn that it's not going to be perfect every time it's not going to be fun all the time you're going to fuss and fight maybe even hate each other but guess what. You'll never learn real love if you don't cry or fight in a relationship. It's all fake if you think it's perfect, its all just a big illusion if you think that's what you really want." You sat there and stared at Sapphire in awe as she finished her little speech and put your face in the ground. "You're right." You looked back up and started to stand up. "I'm sorry once again for doing that to you two and Garnet." You started walking away and wiped the sand off of your face thinking to yourself.

'I refuse to just give up so easily.'