Chapter 43

Violet's P.O.V

"Can we please pass by my house before going to the studio? I haven't been home in two days and I need new clothes." I begged as Josh put on the last layer of clothes.

"Sure." Josh smiled and I nodded. I quickly changed back in the clothes I had on the night when I left from the restaurant.

Josh and me made our way to the subway station and soon we were in front of my house. I unlocked the door and asked Josh to wait a little while I was changing.

Josh went in the living room while I was in my bedroom. I chose a pair of black jeans and a grey AC/DC tank top. I brushed my hair quickly and put on a pair of black high top Converses.

I jogged back in the living room, where Josh was playing my guitar. I leaned against the wall and listened the music that he was making. I smiled as I saw with what passion he's playing. Josh stopped for a moment and looked back and once he spotted me, he put down the guitar.

"It's a very beautiful song. How is it called?" I smiled and walked to him.

"I'm not sure about the name yet. But it will be for sure on the new album." Josh shrugged and blushed at my compliment. I smiled and pecked his lips and turned around and walked to the door.

We called a cab and the whole way there we were silently holding hands. We paid the driver, actually Josh insisted as usual, and we left. I was quite nervous because I have never been in their studio.

"It will be alright. No worries." Josh laughed and kissed me quickly. "Actually, I think Tony wants only to talk and maybe we'll play a couple of songs." he explained further.

"Am I that obvious?" I asked loud, thinking that Josh noticed my nervousness. I look down at my hands and noticed that I kept tapping my fingers on my other arm, so maybe I was obvious.

Josh opened the door to a building that seemed to be an ordinary one, but once I stepped inside, it felt like I traveled somewhere else. It was amazing.

Josh lightly pushed me forward and I slowly walked on the red carpet that was on the floor and admired the walls. There were awards and awards, records, photos of the band, photos of the band with other bands. I admired them all.

"Amazing, huh?" Josh smiled against my neck and embraced me. "The first time they brought me here, I couldn't believe it either. I mean it's simply amazing seeing all these. I mean they made history and you know what I mean." he continued and looked on the walls. He ran his fingers over one award that was received for Stadium Arcadium.

"One of my favorites..." I whispered and continued watching at the walls like they were magic.

"Come on." Josh whispered and slowly dragged me down the entrance hall. He opened a door and we entered another hall, with doors on both sides. "So. On that side are a couple of rooms where we record, a room where we keep some instruments, aaand there, behind the last door, is a kind of living room and that's where we're going." Josh said presenting the studio.

I followed him silently to the door at the end of the hallway. Josh opened it and let me walk in first.

"Kind of living room?" I asked amazed of the room that was in front of my eyes. It was far bigger than a normal person's living room.

In one part was a small stage where were a couple of instruments left all over. On the opposite wall was a big TV and in front of the TV was a large couch. There was another couch in the left part of the room, even larger, and a table in front of it. There was everybody sitting and chatting.

Anthony greeted us and invited us to seat down next to the others.

"So. As you know, we'll spend the rest of this week and the next week here and on Monday we'll leave to Europe. We'll be playing at Reading and Leeds and then we will spend the last three days of August in Budapest where we're going to play two nights then we'll play in Prague, Berlin, Oslo, Stockholm and Helsinki and on 18th September we'll play a short show for the Rams here and we'll stay one week then go to Madrid." Anthony said without breathing.

"Wait a moment there. Reading and Leeds... the festivals?" I asked half paralyzed.

"Yeah. And I advise you to take some warm clothes. I don't want to risk any of you to get sick. Plus it's not California where is always warm and sunny. There might rain and be cold." Anthony explained carefully.

"So after leaving again after the Rams' show... when will we come back?" Josh said in a slightly sleepy voice.

"Before Christmas." Anthony answered again. I had this weird feeling... leaving to Europe for four, almost five months was something that seemed surreal. I remained frozen while everyone else was talking. I leaned against the couch and looked in vain until I felt someone poking at my arm.

"What?" I asked, being pulled out of my trance.

"Like them?" Chad laughed giving me the two drumsticks he had in his hand. I examined them and they were truly nice. In one part was writing Chad Smith's, in the middle was writing Funk Blaster and in the other part was writing Europe 2016.

"Nice." I smiled and handed them back.

Flea stood on the edge of the small stage and jammed a little and soon Chad joined him and Josh followed. Anthony grabbed me by my arm and made me a sign to come a little outside.

"So, Violet, you like it here?" he said clear.

"Yeah, you have here a really nice studio!" I smiled unsure of where he wanted to get with this.

"And what about the city?" he asked leaning against the wall.

"I grew to like it a lot. Really busy city, but a lot of nice people."

"Yeah... I didn't like the city at first when I came here. But you know, as a kid you don't want to accept a change sometimes." he laughed and shook his head.

"Wait a minute there... you aren't a California native?" I asked amazed.

"Nope. I'm from Grand Rapids." he smirked.

"No way. Michigan native!" I gasped and Anthony laughed.

"You're not the only one from Michigan, kid." he said and lightly punched my arm.

"Why California?" I giggled.

"My dad worked here. Actor. And took me from mom and here I am. And I grew to love this place so much and I feel all the time like I have to do something for it, something to thank it enough... I don't know how to explain... It's a weird feeling." Anthony said lost in his words. This man truly loves California. "Violet, I want to make sure you're alright with leaving the continent for such long time." Anthony said again and looked at me.

"I am good. It seems surreal, but I'm cool with it. I've always wanted to go all around the world, and see places, and especially Europe." I said laying my head on the wall. "I think that for you must be such a normal thing, considering you've done this for years."

"Well, for example, I still am amazed by Paris every time I go there. And Berlin's history fascinates me. What can I say about Barcelona's or Lisbon's landscapes? I see beauty in every place I go to. I even see beauty in normal places, in places where I live, like Los Angeles..." Anthony mumbled.

"Hey check this out man." Flea said excited, interrupting our discussion. "Am I interrupting anything?" he said after few moments of silence and staring.

"No no, not at all. Violet, you can get a bass from there, join us." Anthony smiled and disappeared back in the room.