Chapter 1

I woke up and looked at the digital clock on the night stand. It read 1.45 pm. I had a terrible headache and remembered last night. I played in the new club downtown and received about 6 bottles of beer after the show.

My name is Violet and I am 25. I used to live in Detroit and moved to Los Angeles three years ago. In the first year I worked as a bartender to earn few money enough to pay my rent and buy food and some clothes. Two years ago I learned to play bass guitar and my only friend from L.A, Sara, recommended me to start playing in clubs and bars for more money.

Sara took me last year to a great club where I played for the first time in front of more than 1000 people. I play there almost every week. 

I moved from Detroit because I had a terrible fight with my dad and with my brother. I miss them a lot.

I got up from my bed and heard a knock on the door. 

"It must be Sara." I whispered to myself. 

I walked to the door and unlocked it. Outside was, indeed, Sara.

"Hey girl. How was last night?" she laughed patting my back.

"Tiring..." I mumbled while I invited her in.

"Maybe you shouldn't play tonight if you're feeling bad." she answered. Sara was always taking care of me and I loved her for doing that.

"I must play tonight. Tonight's gonna be the biggest crowd." I exhaled while changing into a Led Zeppelin t-shirt. 

Sara rolled her eyes and pulled out of her bag a CD and handed it to me. 

"Happy 25th sweetie!" she said hugging me.

I thanked her and grabbed the CD. It was The Uplift Mofo Party Plan, one of my favorite albums. I smiled and hugged her again. I took a seat on the couch next to her and pulled out my phone and ordered two pizzas.

By the time we finished eating and talking about life, it was almost 6 pm and at 8 pm I had to be at the club for the show.

"Anyway, I should get going. Good luck and see you tomorrow!" she smiled and walked out the door.

I changed into a plain white t-shirt and some black jeans. I pun on my black converses and put a little eyeliner. I brushed my light-brown hair. I grabbed my keys and my bass guitar and called for a cab.

At about 7:30 I was in front of the club and outside were a lot of people standing in line. I made my way through them till I reached the back door. I showed the guard my pass card and got in.

---

Hii guys sorry for this short chapter but this is just the beginning, hope y'all like it