Chapter 24

Violet's P.O.V.

Once again, we were ready to leave Portland for a new destination.

  I woke up and felt like I wasn't alone in the bed. I turned my head to see Josh sleeping next to me. His arm was under my neck and my hand was around his back. I took in a deep breath and lightly shook my head. Josh woke up few minutes later and silently got out of bed.

"G-Good morning!" I said as I tried to throw my hand around his shoulders from the back. He didn't even bother to look at me and I couldn't understand what have I done wrong or what have I said to upset him.

He walked in the other room and I followed him closely with a sad and worried look on my face.

Flea threw me a questioning look. "Violet can we talk a little... private?" he asked out loud and I nodded and entered his room.

"What happened?" he asked worried as he closed the door behind us.

"I- I don't know. What happened to Josh?"

"What do you mean by that what happened to him?"

"We just woke up and he didn't say a word and didn't even look at me." I said as I felt my eyes getting filled with tears.

"Probably drank a little too much last evening don't worry about it. Is everything else alright?" he asked carefully and I nodded. "Oh and by the way, congrats on appearing in that article from the magazine! You indeed are awesome." he chuckled and patted my shoulder and opened the door.

I followed Flea back to the main room and stood at the table next to Anthony and Josh sat across the table and avoided eye contact. I looked down at the floor and took in a deep breath and looked again up and smiled.

"Where's the next concert?" 

"Next week, on the Century Link Field stadium. Seattle." Anthony quickly answered my question. I have always wanted to visit Seattle but I never had the opportunity.

"Excuse me for a moment..." Josh finally talked and got up from the table and walked out of the room. 

"I'm going to talk to him." I decided.

"Go get him girl." Anthony giggled what made the four of us, me, Flea and Chad laugh.

I got up from my seat and followed Josh who was in the room we were sharing. 

"What happened Josh? Why aren't you talking to me?" I cried and for the first time that day he looked at me.

"Umm.. yeah. About that... I'm sorry. I ain't feeling too good at the moment. My head's hurting like hell and I feel really dizzy." he finally spoke.

He got up from the bed and threw his arm around my shoulders. He made few steps and fell down on his knees.

"Are you alright?" I almost shouted, scared of his health condition.

"Oh God, that hurts." he whimpered in pain. 

I grabbed tight his arm and helped him get up and sat him down on his bed.

"Don't worry, I'm alright." he said trying to look like nothing happened. 

"You are trying to convince me that everything's okay when you fall suddenly, just like that? You must be joking Josh. This is serious shit. We must get you a doctor. You can't perform like this." I answered.

"But Violet, I swear I'm alright. I just... tripped over my own feet." he lied.

"Yeah sure mister. No way in hell you're going on stage like that." I said pointing a finger at him. "You wait here."

I left our room and closed the door behind me.

"Guys, there's something wrong with Josh." I said as I walked in the other room where everybody was. Everyone was talking and having fun and a terrifying silence came in after I spoke. "I think he's sick. He's not feeling alright and just fell off his own feet, just like that, one second he's up and then he's on the floor." I continued worried as everyone was staring at me.

"It's good you told us now, we haven't left Portland yet and we have one week until the Seattle concert. We're going back to LA and if he's not feeling better by next week we're postponing the concert 'till he feels better." Anthony decided on the spot and walked in front, where the driver was and told him to change the route because we're going back to LA.