Chapter 44

Violet's P.O.V
At the Dot Hacker concert, Los Angeles

"Don't worry, you look more than fine!" Josh answered for the 102nd time my question if I was looking okay.

"Okay okay. Good luck!" I smiled one last time before Josh walked backstage.

The concert was being held in a small local, but it gave off such a friendly vibe. There were more people than Josh expected, so he was quite nervous because he had to play in front of them. This was one thing I couldn't understand about him- he played live at world's biggest festivals without a problem, but was so nervous when he had to play for 80-90 people.

I walked over to the small bar and ordered a beer and patiently waited for the show to start. When I received my bottle, I paid and grabbed it and walked closer to the stage.

The lights went off, and several minutes later, some blue and purple lights were turned on, and the band was revealed. I smiled at their sight and clapped together with the other people.

The fact that four men could play live such deep music was amazing. It was so relaxing. Josh's voice was so clear and profound. When Eye Opener started, there was a tear that made its way to the edge of my eye. I didn't know exactly what was happening to me, but I didn't want it to end; it all seemed magical. I closed my eyes and hummed along with the song, until someone patted my shoulder.

I opened my eyes and turned around and my stomach dropped. It was the last person I wanted to see. Before I could react somehow, he gripped my arm tightly and pulled me through the people, to a more silent part of the local.

"What the fuck? Colin? What the hell are you doing here?" I finally spoke, noticing that it was really him.

"I wanted to tell you... That I am sorry for that thing at the restaurant last week, but I mean it! Just think about it- right now he's probably making you feel that you're irreplaceable but in the moment he'll find someone else, he's most likely going to forget you. Listen, I truly care about you and I don't want you to be hurt." Colin said, sounding like he was really drunk. I rolled my eyes and pulled my arm and ran back in front of the stage, leaving him way behind me.

"Thank you so much for coming!" Josh said nervously in the mic, after finishing the last song, which was a song I've never heard before.

I made my way backstage, wanting to meet Josh's friends and band mates, and low key, to stay away from Colin and his bitter words.

"Hey! That was amazing!" I said excited when I finally found Josh.

"Awe thanks!" he smiled and slightly blushed. "Come here to meet the guys!" he said before grabbing my hand and leading the way to the other room, where were the three other men I've seen on the stage earlier.

"You must be Violet!" they all said together and I laughed and nodded.

"That's me!"

"This is Eric." Josh presented the drummer. Eric shook my hand and smiled as a 'nice to meet you'. "This here, this is Clint, the guitarist, and the one next to him is Jonathan, the bass player." he said pointing to the two guys who were getting up from their seats.

We spent time talking, and I realized how much like Josh were his band mates and what a good team they were making. They were really friendly people, calm, who enjoyed making and playing music. They were all so passionate about it.

"What about a beer?" Clint changed the subject.

"Yeah, sure!" Eric agreed and we left to the small bar.

"Is anything wrong?" Josh asked on our way there.

"Um... No, nothing." I lied and faked a smile. I didn't want to bother Josh with my stupid problems. Josh just smiled and nodded as an answer and pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"I'll be back in 5 minutes..." I stated and got up from the seat I had at a nearby table.

I walked around, hoping to find the bathroom. When I finally found it, I walked in and looked at myself in the mirror and had a encouraging speech for myself. When I finished my speech, I walked out and was instantly pinned by the wall by something.

"Listen to me please!" I recognized a voice. I was already tired of seeing Colin over and over again.

"Let me go, please." I mumbled in a tired and annoyed voice.

"Just listen to me!" he repeated and tightened the grip.

"Let me go!" I raised my voice, hoping to attract someone's attention. Luckily, I did.

"What the hell?" I heard a confused Eric approaching us.

"Get him off me, please!" I cried and struggled to get my hands free.

Eric was easily able to get him off and they talked something and their discussion ended to Colin punching a wall and Eric raising his voice.

"Well, hopefully, he ain't going to bother you with us around." Eric winked as he turned to me. I thanked him and we headed back to the table where Josh and Jonathan were talking about basses and Clint was already at the second beer.

"What happened?" Josh asked interrupting his discussion.

"There was this guy-" Eric started.

"Colin. It was Colin." I mumbled.

"Is that Colin?" Josh asked pointing to someone behind me. My stomach dropped for the 10th time that night. I slowly turned around and saw a calm Colin. So different from few minutes ago.

"So... is this your musician boyfriend?" Colin asked. I remembered for a moment how happy I was to see him again, in the first day when I got back in Los Angeles and now he was the last person I wanted to see. A shiver went down my spine as those words left his mouth and Josh lightly patted my leg underneath the table.

Eric rolled his eyes and motioned towards a door waiting for Colin to leave. I noticed Colin's fist and felt a little bad when I saw it was bleeding. Why was I such a problem magnet? Why couldn't I just live my life without a thousand problems?

I was surprised how well was Josh keeping everything inside him. I felt when his hand formed a fist under the table and I was amazed how he didn't even raised his voice, but instead he was speaking calmly, choosing his words carefully.

"Please don't annoy Violet once again or I am going to call the cops." he finished and surprisingly, Colin retreated.

I was ashamed that everyone had to witness this thingy with Colin because of me. I sighted and finished my beer and waited to leave. Josh tried the whole night to chat with me but I wasn't in the mood at the moment.

I excused myself and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I look at myself in the mirror and sighted at the mess that was before my eyes. I arranged my hair a little and put on a little transparent lip balm on my dry lips. I silently returned to the table where Josh just said his goodbyes to Jonathan and Clint.

"It was nice meeting you, Violet! Hope we'll meet again!" Jonathan smiled and shook my hand as a goodbye and Clint followed. Once both of them left, Eric got up from his seat and stretched his arms.

"So, we should get going too." Josh stated and looked at me.

"I'll come at you if that's okay." I answered quietly.

"Sure. And Eric will come half of the way with us." Josh said and turned to Eric, who nodded, so we all left.

We walked the whole way there and the warm wind stopped me from thinking about my problems for a while. The boys talked all the way while I was lost in my universe.

"Nice meeting you at last! See you around!" Eric said after a while and remembered he had to go some place different than us. I said goodbye to him too and he left.

"What's up with you today, love?" Josh pouted.

"I... I don't quite know." I answered honestly and this was the truth- I didn't know exactly why was I feeling like shit. I mean, I knew it started from Colin's words, but then, it was just a mix of the darkest thoughts of my mind.

"Come on here." Josh said playfully and spread his arms and hugged me tightly. For few moments everything went away and it felt like time stopped.

We walked back to Josh's place in a comfortable silence and all I wanted was to fall asleep.