Chapter 45

Violet's P.O.V.

There were three more days for us in L.A. and wanted to spend at least one of them with Sara.

I was at Josh's place again, actually I spent more time at Josh's place than I did at mine since we came back. Josh was talking on the phone and I was warming up my cold hands with a hot cup of cocoa milk. 

"Hey, come, I have a surprise." Josh laughed mysteriously and I just blinked a couple of times, trying to imagine what on earth was this 'surprise'. "Come ooon!" he protested.

I threw on me the first decent clothes I found- a Foo Fighters t-shirt and some jeans and laced up my Converses.  

"Care to share where we're going?" I asked confused as Josh dragged me through the lots of people that were out on the street.

"Already told you. It's a surprise. Be patient." he rolled his eyes after we sat down on a set of chairs in the subway. I nodded and looked around. Everybody seemed so bored, the world seemed so grey. I remained silent the whole way and from time to time looked at Josh, who was as well watching the people around us. Sometimes I was wondering what was going on inside his head.

"We're leaving at the next station." Josh smiled and I turned my head to see him. Josh grabbed my hand and helped me get up and we both walked towards the door.

Once the door opened, Josh continued dragging me along for few more minutes. I didn't have the slightest idea where were we going, or why was he in such a hurry, but I followed anyway. Actually, as long as I was with him, I didn't quite care where were we going.

"Here we are. That's where he said we'll meet." Josh said stopping in front of a coffee shop next to a record store.

"He who?" I asked skeptical and Josh just pointed towards a man who was ordering something at the bar that was inside. "Who's that?" I asked again.

Josh just grabbed my hand tighter and we both walked inside and sat down at a table. We waited patiently, actually I was quite nervous, for the man to turn around so I can see who it was. I kept looking in his direction and analyzed every detail- long dark hair, vintage t-shirt, black jeans and had a couple of tattoos on both of his arms. I turned my head to Josh for some seconds and when I turned  again to check out the mysterious guy, I just couldn't see him anywhere.

"Where's your tattooed friend? Does he know we're here?" I asked looking at Josh, who was ready to answer, but stopped and looked somewhere behind me. "What?" I rolled my eyes and turned and saw a hand on the back of my chair.

"Hey man!" I heard a cheerful voice behind me and Josh happily got up and first shook hands with the guy and then the guy pulled Josh into a friendly hug. They talked something in a really low voice and then the man put some hair behind his ear and turned to me.

"Hey!" he smiled revealing his teeth and I froze. It was Dave. Eric. Grohl.

"HOLY SH-" I almost screamed and both Dave and Josh cracked up laughing.

"I'll take it that you know me, but hi I'm Dave!" he still smiled and reached for my hand.

"V-Violet. " I managed to say and grabbed his hand and shook it. I was overwhelmed by this thing. Was that real? I shook my head and fixed my t-shirt and laughed when I noticed I took on exactly The Foos' t-shirt.

"So how have you been lately?" Dave asked Josh.

"Pretty good. Actually, I have already recorded half of the songs for the new Dot Hacker album." Josh said proudly.

"Also, I've heard about you in the media and from the guys. How is it? I mean, are okay with all this touring lifestyle?" Dave asked carefully and turned to me. Now I finally got it why he was considered "the nice guy in rock". It was actually pretty nice of him asking me this, considering I was just a stranger.

"Well... It was kinda difficult to adapt to this kind of lifestyle but now I'm totally cool with it." I said and smiled shortly.

"That's cool! I remember talking to Flea on the phone that night after he saw you playing and he was so excited about it he was all like You should have seen her playing- with so much passion." Dave imitated Flea and I laughed. "So how did it happen?" he asked and paused for a moment and checked his phone. "Excuse me. Taylor's calling. Will be back in a moment." he said and got up and left talking on his phone.

"Seriously Josh? DAVE GROHL?" I said amazed, wanting to jump all around and hug him so tight. I've always wanted to meet him and I wouldn't have expected to meet him now and here.

"What? I thought you wanted to meet him!" Josh answered in a defensive tone.

"How did you know that?"

"That one night after we watched Stand by me you showed me some funny stuff with the Foos and said you wanted to meet him." Josh winked.

"Oh my god, you DO listen everything and you're so careful!" I said hardly keeping myself back from literally jumping everywhere. He was honestly the most careful and amazing person I've ever known.

"Sorry for that. Taylor panicked over a part of a song we're working on. So, what happened that day?" Dave said coming back to his seat.

"Well... I played and when I went backstage the owner of the club told me someone was there to talk to me and there he was. Flea gave me an address and asked me to come so they will have a listen at what I can play." I explained.

"That's amazing!" Dave smiled, putting a strand of hair behind his ear. "I am so sorry but I've got to go. Taylor's like a little kid. It was nice meeting you, hope we'll meet again!" he added and reached for my hand. I grabbed it and shook it and said my goddbyes to him too and watched as he was slowly leaving.

---
Heey. Sorry for this very late and short update, but my friend's going through some times and I had to be by her and everything, but I think that from now on I'll be back at the same update pattern. Enjoy