Catherine: "The Unexpected Potioneer"

I'm walk in next to Lottie, excited for our first potions class. I don't know much about potions except that they can be terribly useful. Nicole sits next to Katelyn exchanging bored looks with her and chatting. I already notice their friendship growing, helps when your in the same house I suppose.

She can be friends with whoever she likes Cat, Nicole doesn't have to chill around you all the time. Plus you have Lottie.

Lottie's a bit of a loner and what if Nicole and Katelyn Umbridge cut me out?

Then go hang with them like Madeline does her Gryffindor friends!

I think I will.

I walk over to their table on my decision. Nicole Lovegood smiles at me. Katelyn looks a bit upset, through her obvious attempts to hide it. Or maybe that's just my jealousy talking, my imagination, yeah that's it. Katelyn would never be mean on purpose... right?

With Nicole on one side, Lottie on my other I smile. Just like old times. I look around the classroom recognizing everyone. I go through their names while scanning their faces. My eyes finally land on Isabal sitting at the back. She's scribbling frantically with her quill, her quick notes one lying forgotten on her work table. No one chose to sit with her.

The door opens again and Katelyn and Nicole glance over to see who's coming in. Luka, Erica, Joseph and Madeline. Katelyn snickers. Nicole smiles.

"It's the muffin boy and his weird friends," Katelyn informs us.

"What makes their friends weird?" Lottie asks, pushing away whatever Lottie thinks about all the time.

"The fact that they befriended him," Nicole says. "I think that we can go with Jerica and Lukaline."

"You ship them?" I ask surprised. It may be a muggle thing, but our little group keeps up with muggle stuff too.

"Yeah, think about it. Madeline hangs around Luka constantly and Erica and Joseph are like- perfect for each other."

"You know that Luka guy is kind of crazy," Nicole continues.

"How so?" We all ask in unison, eager for the latest.

"Jinx you owe me a butter beer!" I call. I change my voice to a creepy weird one. "All of you owe me... all the butter beer is mine Mwhahahaha!" We all giggle stupidly.

"This is what happens after too much 'beer'," Katelyn jokes, sending us into more chortles. Maybe she's not so bad.

I look back at Madeline, Luka, Joseph and Erica. They do hang a lot...

The four of them quickly take their seats. Madeline sits next to Isabal, Luka sits next to her and Erica sits on Isabal's other side with Joseph next to her. They hurriedly set up their cauldrons atop portable flames, pre-conjured by our new potions teacher. Isabal smiles at them. Madeline says something that makes Isabal pull out her writing and place it on the table. They seem to be reviewing it together, Madeline offering a lot of critic or comments while Erica and Joseph chat and Luka watches with interest. Maybe-

My thoughts are cut off by someone leaving the teacher's private quarters. Several bubbling cauldrons set themselves on the table at the flick of his wand. Nicole cringes at our new professor's clothes. A green suit with black stripes and an out of date bow tie at the neck. I kind of like the style though, as it obviously suits the professor before us.

He smiles cheerily, ready to begin. The class listens with rapt attention as he says,

"Welcome to my classroom. As many of you know, I am Professor Slughorn, your new potions master. Today I thought it might be fun if we started with a bit of a contest and quiz." Students look nervously at each other, we know nothing about potions.