Lucas' Problem

*It's 6 days till Christmas Eve and Lucas and Zay are at Chubie's talking*

"So why did you need to talk to me?" Asks Zay.
Lucas is looking at his hands folded on the table. Then looks up at says "Maya went on a date." Lucas replies.
"And?" Zay says.
"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Lucas asked. Zay shrugs.
"Lucas why do you care? Do you really like her that much?" Zay asks serious.
"I don't like her Zay... I love her." Lucas replies.
"Lucas are you sure you love her? Like 100% sure? Because you need to think this through. You can't just tell her you love her and hurt Riley. You don't want to lose her as a friend or Farkle, or Smakle, or even lose Maya. You need to find a way to tell Maya how you feel without hurting Riley really bad." Zay says to Lucas in a very serious tone.
"Don't you think I know this? I am 100% sure that I'm in love with Maya. But when I start to think about what to say to her I also think about how I'll be hurting Riley in the process. I mean I still care about her, but Maya is who I want. Zay, I can see myself years from now married to Maya with kids of our own. She is who I see myself having a future with. I love her." Lucas says.
"Wow I've never heard you say that about Riley or any girl for that matter. You really do love her." Zay says.
"Ok but how can I tell her this without hurting Riley?" Lucas asks.
"I don't think you can Lucas." Zay replies.
"What have I gotten myself into Zay?" Lucas asks with a heavy look on his face.
"I don't know." Zay replies.

*******************
Hey so I know this is short but I hope you liked it, and bear with me as I try my best to fill the next 6 days of this timeline, till we get to the good stuff😏. But please keep reading and voting, it means a lot.