/ 13 /

-✘-

The rumor had spread like wild fire in the premises of Konohagakure, it even reached the elders to the point where they talked about the possibile restoration of the Uchiha clan soon, but the two main topics were clueless.

Yes, it is true that Sakura and Sasuke had been seen 'intimate' together as to entering one roof with just the two of them.

Yes, it is true that Sasuke had been seen with Sakura lately.

Yes, it is true that Sakura always had something for Sasuke since her genin days and even until now after all he had done to her.

Those were just some of the rumors that had been spreading around. Of course, Sakura wouldn't deny some of the true things on the statements if she knew about it. After that dinner the other day, she had been inviting Sasuke over, just for dinner, and he was more than grateful. Sasuke knew there was nothing that will change his mind for he will travel alone on his road of redemption, he honestly didn't even know if how long he'll take or if he'll be back again, so accepting her kindness was the least he could do. He didn't know after all if there will be a next time. And besides, she fills his stomach with her efforts and involuntarily brightens his day for making him feel home again.

The two, still unaware of such rumors, had noticed that something was off.

"So," Ino narrowed her eyes at the pinkette while she was done eating her dango. "Is there anything AT ALL do you want to tell me?" Accusation all over her face.
"What are you talking about?" Sakura arched her eyebrow at the blonde.
"You know....." Ino rolled her eyes.
"You mean, Sasuke?" She blushed. After one confirming look from Ino, she continues, "I already told you everything, I had been inviting him to dinner at my house and he is accepting it. Is there anything else I should talk about?" She asked confusingly.
"That's all there is? No peck? No smack?"
"Ino!!!" Sakura scolded.
"Whaaaaat? I'm just askin'!"
"No, there is not! We're just friends."

Sakura felt embarrassed, but she didn't see it that way with her and Sasuke, she refuses to assume such thing any longer. She may have want it deep inside her heart, but still, it isn't as it looks like.

Sasuke on the other hand had been having the same accusing face from another blonde, Naruto. Naruto before had never been fond of the thought of Sakura and Sasuke before, but everything had been clear that Sakura is more likely her older sister and besides, he was thinking of someone else now. He heard the rumor from some nurses in the hospital once when he had passed through it to grab a medicine for his cold.

When the whiskered blonde first heard of it, he got a bit heart broken since he thought the two were having a team 7 reunion without him, after an hour of silent tantrums, right then when he realizes what was going on, finally.

"Sasuke, you never told me you've been going out with Sakura!" Naruto teased later when the two of them were on a break with their boredom-killer-sparring-session every once in a while.

Sasuke almost spitted the water out of his mouth when he was in the middle of drinking upon hearing this. He swallowed, "Is that how it looked like?" the Raven wondered, amused rather than worried. He had never thought that the villagers - or at least someone - would actually think it was possible for him to have feelings after all he had done.

He didn't find this very bothering.

Though it had crossed his mind that the elders might probably be hopeful if they had already heard these rumors. It was possible that they fully agree with the restoration of his clan and keep a close eye on each child to make sure they all grow up with no hidden agendas. It won't be a hard work to do so, it's unlikely for Sasuke to bare a dozen of children with Sakura in one go anyway.