/ 2 /

-✘-

She was checking the contents of her backpack, getting ready for another trip to visit him at the hospital. Tucking her long midnight blue hair strands lingering on her pale white face at the back of her ear, Hinata was all set as she slipped both of the bag straps over her slim shoulders and adjusting it to a much more comfortable position.

She made sure she brought fresh towels, ripe fruits she bought at the market earlier and a batch of instant cup noodles. She would've bought and taken out his favorite Ramen at Ichiraku's but she was pretty unfortunate this time since they were on a sudden family business and the ramen shop was temporarily closed because of it.

Nevertheless, it had been a beautiful day since then for the princess. Two days ago at the hospital, Hinata was with him like she had always been after the clash. He rested well on his bed, his arm and hand slowly recovering from the fight. She finds herself silly too whenever she felt that Naruto was flinching but ended up being disappointed whenever he stays still after a minute.

Hinata had been worried to death when she knew what was happening that time and that was a week ago, like what everyone had expected, Sasuke and Naruto was battling with their lives on the line, two strong and powerful clashing in one blow. Everyone was nervous by the time, unable to tell what'll happen next. Yet after knowing how it ended, she felt relieved. And one thing's for sure, she was definitely proud of him.

Naruto had always waited for this day to come, when his closest friend finally knocks some senses. She knew he'd be happy knowing and realizing Sasuke was finally home with him when he wakes up. The day after that historic battle, both of them were stationed at the Konoha Hospital right away, being treated and cured by expert medical nins.

Though their conditions were serious, they will make it as the experts had declared, one even made a side comment of "as usual" comically in the background. Though she was composed and started to fool around, Tsunade-sama was obviously worried for the both of them. Her expression telling it all. She tried her best after all and she attended both of them immediately after both of them had lost consciousness.

Hinata started visiting him starting that night, watching over him simply by the bedside. She wanted to take care of him more than ever. She always took the time to help him clean and fixed too, she'd volunteered personally to do so, wiping the damp towel over his face and arms, she flushed for imagining herself being his wife by doing this. Who am I kidding? She thought pessimistically. Naruto moves at times when she was on the process of cleaning him up, he moves and squints like he was having a dream, but disappoints the princess for not waking up eventually. Hinata had been used to it, actually.

That night she wiped the damp white towel on his big muscular yet soft hand, his pinky finger had moved. With high hopes, she glanced over the resting whiskered blonde once again, but there wasn't even a single bat of the eye, extinguishing the hopes of the hime.
"Nice try, Naruto-kun," she smiled and whispered, continuing back to what she had left and taking the damp towel from the basin once more. Yet a sudden disturbing sound of 'Guuuhh~' filled in the room, Hinata's eyes widen with shock, curiousity and familiarity of the sound.

She knew where it came from.

"I-I'm hungry~" He groaned, his eyes only half lidded as he tried to fixate his sight at the brightness of the room. He didn't know where he was now, all that he knows- or rather- feel, is that he's very hungry like he hadn't eaten for weeks. He could have five bowls of Ichiraku's Ramen in a row right now. Naruto felt weak, yet somehow he managed to sit upright on his bed.
"N-Naruto-kun!" Hinata sobbed, unable to contain herself from the happiness she felt, she threw her hands to wrap over him, sobbing more along the way. She couldn't help it. She was waiting for his awakening, she was waiting for him to be okay. Hinata had missed him, his laughter, his smile, his everything. She was glad he was finally back.