~Chapter 11~

Malania's POV

"There you go! You're all set for the ball tomorrow." The seamstress said.

"Thank you!" I called as they all left the room. I took my dress and hung it very carefully in the closet.

"Hello miss. How was the dress fitting?" Obi said behind me.

"Horrible. I had to stand for about a whole day!" I said sarcastically.

"Um...it was only an hour."

"Whatever." I looked at Obi. "When did you come in here?"

"A few seconds ago? When the seamstresses left I think?"

"Good. I didn't want you to see my dress."

"Why is that?"

"Because it's a surprise."

"But I don't like surprises!"

"Well that's too bad for you." I smiled sarcasticly. "Sorry." I walked over to my bed and sat down. Obi and I stared at each other in a comfortable silence.

"Do you miss your family?" Obi said, breaking the silence.

"From what I remember, not really. I do miss my younger siblings, Akamia and Kanjuan."

"What were they like?"

"They both were really nice to me. They were happy and cute every single day."

"Why did you leave?"

"My step mother. She was the cruelest person you could ever meet. She had a daughter older than me, Casili, was also horrible to me."

"I can see why you left."

"What's your family like?"

Obi looked very surprised. "My family? Well, I had a twin brother that ran away with me but we lost each other in the woods. I'm pretty sure he's dead."

I walked up to him and hugged him. "I'm sorry. That must've been horrible." I said.

Obi smiled sadly. "It's OK." He took a deep breath. "Anyway, Zen wanted to see you."

I nodded and we walked down the hall in silence. Obi opened Zen's door and he looked up. I almost backed away in shock.

Even though I haven't seen Zen in a week, his health surprised me. He had very dark circles under his eyes and his face was pale. He looked so ghostly that I could almost see through him.

"Um, Zen? A-Are you OK?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just kind of tired." He said faintly. "Anyway, how is your dress? Were the seamstresses nice to you?"

I snorted. "If they were anything but nice and adorable, I would have complained very loudly."

Everyone laughed. Even Kiki smiled. Then the door opened and our smiles faltered. A royal guard stood in the doorway.

"Prince Zen, I apologize for the intrusion but Lord Izana has requested to see you." The guard said. Then he saw me and said, "you too miss."

I frowned and followed him out of the room with Zen. When we reached his door, the guard knocked and walked away.

"Come in." Izana said behind the door. I opened the door and we walked inside. Izana was sitting at his seat doing paperwork when he looked up.

"Lord Brother, why have you requested us?" Zen asked coldly.

"Because I had to tell both of you something. First, Zen, you must greet the Crocodan family when they arrive. Second, you two have to have the first dance together." Izana said. Zen and I sweat dropped.

Izana dismissed us and we hurried out of the room. After we were out, I let out a sigh of relief.

"That got weird real fast." Zen said. I nodded and we walked in silence.

When we got to Zen's office, I opened the door and Mitsuhide casually said, "what was that all about?"

"Um, nothing." We said at the same exact time. Then I nodded to everyone in the room.

"I should probably go to bed now. I don't want to be tired tomorrow!" I said as I walked out of the room.

I unlocked my room and changed into my pjs. Then I plopped down on my bed and cried in the pillow.

I don't want to leave! I want to stay here with Obi! And Kiki! And all of my friends!

I cried and cried until I fell asleep.