~Chapter 3~

Malania's POV

Everyone looked really surprised at my comment.

"Malania, are you sure? Obi's really good, he beat me once." Zen said.

"Oh, Master, I remember that! It was when Shirayuki had to go to Tonberon and-"

"Obi, that's enough." Zen said strictly. Obi shrugged. I held back a laugh as we walked towards the sword arena and we both picked up wooden swords.

"Rule number one, don't kill each other. Rule number two, have fun!" Mitsuhide said. I snickered and charged Obi.

Obi smiled and ducked. I had anticipated his move so I brought sword down on his knee and jumped high in the air. Before he could turn around, I stabbed the back of his other knee and scrambled back. I wasn't fast enough though, Obi's sword slammed me on the side and I flew across the clearing.

I landed on my butt and Obi came at me with his sword. When he was almost on top of me, I kicked my leg up and kicked his sword out of his hand. I rolled out of the way as Obi charged past me. I swung my sword and I hit the back of his knees. His legs buckled and he fell face first. I got up and tackled him. He kicked my sword out of my hand and we rolled over each other. Time to use my skills I thought.

Obi ran at me and I got ready to roll out of the way. I crouched as if getting ready to jump. Obi was almost on top of me when I rolled out of the way and he streamed past me. I got up to see him crouching. He's going to jump on top of me if I charge him. I glanced up quickly and saw that the ceiling wasn't too high. If I jumped, I could hang from the pipes and swing over Obi. I crouched really low and jumped.

I grabbed the pipe with one of my hands and started swinging. I could see from the corner of my eye that Zen, Shirayuki, Kiki, and Mitsuhide were gaping at me. I kept on swinging and was above Obi when I let go. I crashed on top of him and we rolled over each other.

Obi was heavier so he landed on top of me and pinned me down. He was panting so much that I thought he was hyperventilating, but he got his breathing under control.

"So, are you done?" Obi asked with a smirk.

I nodded and he got off of me. I sat up and Mitsuhide started clapping.

"Wow, you really put up a fight! There was one point where I thought you were going to beat Obi." Mitsuhide said, laughing. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, Malania, where did you learn to fight like that?" Zen asked.

Suddenly, lots of memories flooded back to me. I felt like the blood was rushing to my head. I suddenly passed out. I vaguely remember Obi running towards me with a worried expression on his face. Right before I passed out, I faintly said, "Mountain Lions."

~

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday! I had a lot of homework yesterday and other stuff. I'm probably going to write a lot over thanksgiving break. Stay tuned!
~Lizzie