~Chapter 4~

Malania's POV

I woke up in my room with Obi by my side. He was playing with my hair so it was really soft.

When I opened my eyes, I startled him. He stared into my emerald eyes, and I stared in his brown cat eyes. Suddenly, the door opened and we broke eye contact.

Shirayuki came in with lots of herbs in her arms.

"Hi Malania, in glad to see you awake. Can I look at your cuts for a second?" Shirayuki said.

I nodded and she examined my cuts. "Well, nothing is infected, you'll have bruises and cuts for some time but nothing serious." Shirayuki said.

"Thanks Shirayuki." I said.

Shirayuki got up and said, "I'm going to send Zen in, he wanted to see you."

"Ok" I say, and Shirayuki left the room. I looked at Obi. Then I got up and went to the mirror.

I brushed my hair and fish-tailed it. I washed my face and went back to my bed. I plopped down on my bed and realized that Obi was gone.

We didn't even say a word to each other, yet I feel like we just became better friends. Maybe he's sorry for beating me in the sword fight. I suddenly remembered all of the memories that came back to me. I focused on the one where I left, where I left the Mountain Lions.

~flashback~

I woke up in my soft bed. I yawned and looked around my log cabin.

I got up and dressed in my usual clothes, brown hiking boots, jeans, brown shirt and a camouflage jacket. I braided my hair and went outside the cabin to go eat breakfast. My father, Mukaze, was waiting for me.

"Hello Malania", he said, "you are going on a solo mission today

"Hello Malania", he said, "you are going on a solo mission today. Are you ready?"

"Yes father." I said, and I ran through to the horse stables. I got on my black horse, Twilight, and we raced out of the gates.

When we were deep in the forest, I got off of Twilight and jumped into the trees.

"Go home Twilight" I whispered, and she galloped home.

I jumped from branch to branch and looked for a group of bandits. That was my mission.

I got to the bandits hideout and saw that it was empty. The fire was out, the weapons were gone, everything.

I jumped down from the tree and walked up to the hideout.

I looked at the coals in the ashes of the fire and saw that they were still hot. They must have gone somewhere I thought.

"Good, you made it" said a voice behind me.

I turned around and drew my sword. Up on the hill was the group of bandits. I turned and ran into the woods.

I kept looking back to make sure no one was following me. I kept on running and I burst out of the woods.

A few feet in front of me was a river a few yards across. I stopped just in time from falling into the river, but when I turned around, the group of bandits emerged from the woods.

"You can't have it!" I screamed, "it can only be given by a gift, and I will not grant you the gift!"

One of the men in the front of the group chuckled and said, "please, honey, give it to us and we will let you go free."

I shook my head. The man raised an eyebrow and said, "no? You won't give it to us? Fine! We will somehow find a way. Get her!"

I completely forgot about the river and stepped back. I gasped and fell into the water.

I came back to the present and realized what the gift was. It was my hair.

~

Cliffhanger! Stay tuned! Btw, I'm probably going to post 1 ever 2 days because of school. Sorry!
~Lizzie