16

Disasterology 16

Destiel on the side ->

The following days were filled with sleep, Supernatural episodes and visits from Niall and Louis. Those last two actually ended up spending more time at Zayn's house than in Niall's flat. Harry found out that Destiel was Zayn's OTP, two guys from Superatural he shipped. He had to admit that they did look kind of cute together.

Harry slowly got better. His ribs still hurt (Zayn said they would for quite a long time), his black eye was gone and so was his headache. There were still ugly bruises all over his body and the burns hadn't healed yet, they would probably never completely disappear. Zayn said that it didn't matter and promised him they would be the last wounds to ever scar Harry's body, but Harry knew he was lying.

At this very moment, Zayn and Harry were seated on the couch, Zayn with his laptop on his lap, editing some of Louis's latest work, and Harry was watching another Supernatural episode. They were cuddling, a complicated mess of limbs, when Louis and Niall came in. They didn't knock, they had their own key now. This way, Harry and Zayn didn't have to untangle themselves every time the duo stopped by.

"Hey, man, what's up?"

Niall asked, he was still trying to regain his friendship with Harry. Harry replied with the necessary small talk, but he tried his best to avoid any further communication. He didn't like talking, unless he was talking to Zayn in the middle of the night, wrapped in Zayn's arms and the soft duvets. Niall didn't give up though. Harry wondered whether the boy even noticed that Harry didn't like their conversations.

"Zayn, can I talk to you for a second?"

Louis asked once they, too, were seated on one of the couches, both of them holding a steaming mug of tea. It kept getting colder and colder outside, something that wasn't noticeable in Zayn's house. The heating was always on and it was just cold enough to wrap yourself in a blanket.

"If you want to talk to me, you have to talk to Harry."

Zayn replied, earning himself a smile from Harry. Even though he didn't talk much, he knew everything that was going on. He just observed everyone and everything.

"Are you sure?"

Louis insisted, his gaze nervously shifting from Zayn to Harry and back. Zayn sent him a glare. Yeah, it was true that Harry couldn't be treated like a normal person. Zayn babied him and protected him, but he didn't keep anything from Harry. And even if he would, he'd never do it in his face like this.

Louis sighed, somewhat getting Zayn's point.

"I'm going to go back  to my place. Ya know, check out what was burned, what wasn't burned and move some stuff to Niall's flat."

This caught Harry's attention. All of a sudden, he wasn't all that interested in the two guys on TV anymore, who were obviously head over heels for each other but didn't want to admit it, and he didn't bother to hide it. He felt Zayn tense underneath him.

"And?"

Zayn whispered, his content smile replaced by a look of distress.

"I was wondering whether there was stuff you need, or maybe Harry wanted to go back one last time. I don't know."

Louis explained, the words tumbled out of his mouth and his voice sounded unsure.

"Why would he want to go back to a pl-"

"No, he's right."

Harry interrupted Zayn's protest, kind of glad that somebody was voicing the idea that had been haunting him for the past few days. He wanted to see the rest of the house so badly. He wanted to see where Niall had sat with a cup of tea and tears streaming down his face. He wanted to see the kitchen where the three of them had had a fight and the room where Zayn used to sleep when he stayed the night. All he had seen was that white room with the mattress and a glimpse of the corridor. He had to see more in order to see Louis as a human being.