Disasterology 8

Dedicated to AndyLearntoLove because I gave her a dilemma. I think you should just keep reading and then decide who you ship the most. And don't forget to let me know who you choose ;)

"Louis, can I speak to you alone for a second?"

Zayn asked, his smile too sweet to be real. Louis had no choice but to follow him to the kitchen, leaving a confused Niall in the living room.

"What the fuck are you doing? I'm assuming he doesn't know his best friend is locked up in one of your rooms?"

Zayn whisper-yelled, making violent movements with his hands. Louis just buried his face in his hands, trying to let Zayn's words wash over him.

This was not supposed to happen

Zayn was not supposed to know.

"This is cruel. This is so goddamn cruel. This is your way of torturing him, isn't it?"

The younger boy prodded his finger in Louis's chest, now fuming with rage. 

"N-no, I-"

"You're mad, y-you freak."

"I don't want to hurt him, Zayn. I genuinely like him, he's so nice."

Louis tried to explain, acting as if Zayn's words had not just broke his heart.

"Oh god, I can't even look at you right now."

Zayn spat, as he turned in his heels and stormed out of the kitchen. The eldest ran behind him, but he wasn't fast enough. Zayn was already stood in front of Niall saying things that could ruin the only friendship he had left. 

"Are you kidding me, Niall? I mean, you seem like a clever lad. Why do you actually trust him?"

He ranted, tears appearing in both his and Niall's eyes. 

"Louis, what does he mean?"

Niall asked with the face of a confused puppy, one that had only just been betrayed by its owner. He looked at Louis for any sign of denial, a sign that proved that Louis was actually as nice as Niall had thought him to be. 

"Zayn, what are you doing?"

Louis decided to ignore Niall's question. His tear-filled, blue eyes and quivering lips tied dangerous knots in his tongue and he was afraid he might do something stupid like tell the truth. 

"What do you mean, what are you doing?"

Zayn asked, looking him dead in the eye.

"It's disasterology."

With those words, he left the house, leaving Louis with a confused Niall, who's mind was slowly figuring things out. 

"I-I can't believe you. He's right."

The boy yelled, tears now rushing down his face. 

"Yesterday, when you wanted to get coffee instead of searching. And oh god, how could I not have seen it? 'Maybe you should just give up on searching.'"

Louis choked on his words, nor confirming nor denying thing. He felt so helpless. There was nothing he could do but watch as something so utterly beautiful fell apart. 

And for once in his life, Louis did not enjoy it. 

He didn't smile when Niall stormed off. He just sank to the floor, fisting his hair with his hands. His eyes didn't sparkle, they were filled with tears that shamelessly rolled down his cheeks.