11

Disasterology 11

Dedicated to LarryEqualsTrueLove because she commented on all my chapters in one night. You rule, girl.

By the end of the phone call both boys had tears streaming down their face. They were shocked. How could all these things happen right under their nose? They could have stopped all of this.   Zayn was glad Harry had covered his ears during the conversation, he didn't want him to know he was calling Niall.  

"I'll be right back, okay?"  

Zayn muttered after hanging up. He went to the bathroom to fill the tub with water. He tested the temperature with his elbow, like his mum used to do for his sisters. If the water was too warm, the supercooled boy might burn himself.  

He tried to focus on what he was supposed to do, but the anger soon became too much. He'd never been one to bottle up emotions like that, but now he felt like he had to.   

He bit his hand in a desperate attempt to get rid of his frustration. It didn't help one bit and now he was left with teeth marks on his hand. His eyes roamed over the room, before stopping on an empty cup. He picked it up, flinging it at the wall with all his might. It broke in a million pieces and fell on the floor. The noise must've been audible in the whole house.   

His assumption get confirmed when he found Harry curled up on the couch, covering his ears. He slowly walked to the couch, kneeling down next to Harry, who cracked one eye open.   

"Don't worry, everything's gonna be okay. Stuff like that won't happen here, alright? Stuff like that's never gonna happen again, at least not under my watch."  

He whispered, reaching out to wipe Harry's tears away. The younger boy answered with a quiet thank you.   

"You should take a bath now, love."  

"Will you be there with me?"  

"Yeah, I'll hold your hand, okay? Make sure you don't drown."  

"Okay then."  

Harry mumbled, nervously eyeing his converse. Zayn sent him a smile before picking him up bridal style. He carried him upstairs with ease, something he would like to blame on the many hours he'd spent in the gym. But he knew it had nothing to do with the size of his biceps.   

When they reached the bathroom, he set Harry down on the edge of the bathtub and helped him undress. Once that was done and he'd received one last nod from Harry, he lowered his body in the tub.  

Harry hissed when the water came in contact with his skin. Not only did it burn his cold skin, it made his wounds sting too. Nonetheless, he let Zayn push him under water until only his head was above the surface.   

"You okay?"  

Zayn asked and Harry muttered a soft yeah. The older boy entwined their hands, sending him an encouraging squeeze.  

"Let's try to get your head under water, alright?"  

Harry nodded, his grip on Zayn's hand tightening when his head, too, disappeared under the surface.   

The water pressed down on his body, taking from him both the ability to breathe and the ability to see. Images of the black spots flooded his mind and he could almost hear Louis's sadistic laughter, as the pain in his throat reminded him of what it was like to drown.  

He simply could not handle all these memories and pulled Zayn's hand, squirming and writhing in an attempt to loosen the boy's grip on his shoulder.