LV - Alternative

I haven't updated in like a month

I'm a terrible person, I know

I sowwy :(

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fifty-Five

The body on the floor was unnerving, but we were mostly calm as we went all the way to the top of the building. When the elevator stopped, we all hurried to go through one of the panels and crouch on top of the metal box. The three of us each put on a gas mask, and when we heard the doors open, Bellamy threw in a smoke bomb. Once they were knocked out, we got out of the elevator and went to the throne room. We forced our way through, ignoring the fact that we might as well have been dead people walking. We took off our masks and went into the room, ready to fire at whatever threatened us.

"Ven, stop him!" Clarke shouted.

I hadn't even seen her before I looked, catching a glimpse at Jaha, who was about to hit Ontari on the head with a metal bar. I shot him in the shoulder before he could, and he dropped. For a moment I didn't know if he was alive or dead, but by the time that I could decide, he had risen once again only to be met with the barrel of Bellamy's gun. Bellamy hit him across the face, and he was unconscious.

Murphy had run over to where Abby had hung herself, but was still very much alive. I could tell because she was wheezing.

I put my gun and bag down, and ran over to them as well.

"Lift her up!" I told him, and he did, taking the pressure off of Abby's throat while I grabbed the barrel she had apparently stood on and climbed upon it. I used my knife to cut the rope, and she fell onto Murphy. He caught her and then laid her on the ground, taking off the noose while I jumped off of the barrel to kneel down beside them both.

I pressed my hand to her neck, and found a pulse. It was fast, and quick. She was alright.

"She's alive!" I called out to Clarke, who was now getting untied by Bellamy from a post that she had been tortured on.

"Jaha has the flame, get it!" she told Bellamy.

We each went to Ontari, and Clarke was on the verge of panicking.

"We can't let Ontari die, we have to stop the bleeding!"

"I got the flame," Bellamy said, coming back over to us.

"Her pulse is weak," Clarke said, breathing heavily with both adrenaline and fear.

"She's alive, that's all that matters," I told her, though I knew that wasn't true. She couldn't give us the kill code if she wasn't conscious.

"Here, hold this to the wound," she told Murphy, handing him a cloth.

He put his hands to Ontari's head, and I did the same. He glanced at me, then back at Clarke. It made my stomach lurch when I realized that my knees were soaked, and it was even worse when I looked down to see Ontari's blood staining my pants. The darkness of that blood reminded me of Lexa, and it disturbed me greatly. I didn't know her well, but I would give anything to have her here right now.

"Come on, what are you gonna do?" Murphy asked, practically begging them to share the plan.

"I need a flashlight," Clarke said, looking like she was about to cry.