XXX - Don't Leave Me

This is soooooo short. :/ Ugh.

The song is "House Of Cards" by Tyler Shaw, which I'm currently addicted to. You guys should definitely listen to it. ^_^

Well, enjoy. ^_^

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty

"Listen, Ven, I-" he cut himself off, his eyebrow raising a bit in concern. "Have you been crying?" he asked me.

"No," I instantly said. I said it too quickly, he knew I was lying.

"Ven, I'm sorry," he told me, and I even saw his eyes start to water and felt his hands begin to shake as he took my hand in his. "I don't know what I was thinking. I don't know why I did it."

I truly didn't know what to say to him. What the hell could I say?

I didn't know why he did it either, but I Had seen it in his eyes the very second that I took the gun from him. He regretted what he had almost done.

I had almost lost him forever. I had almost found the person that I loved most lying on the floor, surrounded by blood. I had almost seen his body while the sound of the gunshot still continued to ring in my ears.

He had almost died.

"Ven, say something," he begged, his voice cracking.

I shook my head slowly. "Just let me think, John."

He paled a little. I never called him that, and he knew it.

I walked over to the bed and sat down, putting my hands over my face and leaning with my elbows on my knees. I didn't know what to say to him. I truly didn't.

He didn't say anything, and neither did I.

"Ven, I need you," he whispered.

I stayed silent, and swallowed, then stood up. "We should find Jaha," I said.

He didn't argue, but I knew that he was hurt. He wanted to talk about this, but I didn't, and he had the courtesy to respect that.

We walked down the hallway, and saw that it was now light outside. We kept walking until we met the end of the hall, and I looked over to the left to see a living room. Jaha was in it, sitting on his knees.

"Jaha," I called out, looking over to the right when I walked in. I saw a table with a tray of fruit, and saw Murphy grab an apple from it.

Murphy whistled. "Hey, wake up!" he said to Jaha.

"Thelonius isn't here, John," a female voice said from behind us, and we both turned to see ALIE standing there. My eyes widened a little, and so did Murphy's. "He's in the city of light."

"I know what you are," Murphy stated, then threw the apple at her. It went straight through her, and her figure flashed for a split second as the apple hit the wall. She looked behind her, then looked back at us.

"It's refreshing to be around people who understand technology again," she said.

"Let us explain," Jaha said coolly from behind us, and we both looked to him to see that he had gotten up and was now out of his meditating-like state.

"That's a good idea," Murphy stated. "Why don't you start with why you kept me locked in a bunker while you were living like a king?"

"The outside world means nothing. In the city of light, we are all kings."

"And here I thought I was the one losing my mind," Murphy stated.

"It's the truth," ALIE said. "I can show you."

"You are aware that she is the one that set off the bonds that ended the world, right?" I asked.

"Wrong," Jaha told us. "She didn't end the world, she saved it."

We both looked to ALIE, and I shook my head. "This is insane," I said, walking out of the room.

He followed behind me, seeming to have the same reaction. We walked until we were at the front doors, and he suddenly stopped behind me.

"Ven, I meant it when I said that I need you," he told me. "Please, just talk to me."

I had so many mixed feelings that I couldn't seem to sort out. I was angry because I didn't know how he could even think of doing something like this. I was guilty because I didn't think I had done enough to make him happy. I was afraid that he would try it again. And I wanted to just forget that it happened, but I couldn't. Neither of us could.

But most of all, I felt need. I needed to show him how much I loved him.

I turned, and walked straight up to him, my hand going to the back of his neck. Our lips crashed together, and he was surprised. He was shocked for a moment, then he reacted. He put his hands on my waist, holding me to him.

I pulled away, and the second that I opened my eyes, the emotions had become too much. Tears were streaming down my face, and his hands were soon wiping them away as I looked at him through blurry vision.

"Murphy, I don't think you understand," I said, my voice shaking. "I not only don't want to lose you, I can't lose you. I need you to stay with me. Yes, I am depending on you and yes, I understand if that's too much for you and you want to leave, but just don't do it like this. Don't die. I won't be able to live with myself if you die. Murphy, I can't..." I whispered, my words becoming rushed as I took deep breaths.

He hugged me to him, wrapping arm around my body and his other hand went up to stroke my hair. It was calming, and it helped me. I hugged him tightly, my fingers clutching onto the back of his jacket.

"Don't leave me," I whispered.

"I won't," he said, his voice hoarse and cracking. "I swear, I won't."

He pulled away, putting his hands on either side of my face.

"But we need to go, Ven. Okay? We need to go."

I nodded slowly, the tears now stopping. I guess that I just needed to let all of it out.

He kept an arm around my waist as we walked out of the mansion, and made our way down the hill.

He held my hand tightly, making sure that I knew he wasn't going away anytime soon.

I could only hope that it was true.