XL - Semet

May 30th, 2016

For those of you who are constantly asking "when is Murphy coming back" every fucking chapter and saying that you will "stop reading if Murphy isn't in it":

IT'S MY STORY AND I'LL WRITE IT HOW I DAMN WELL PLEASE.

>_> There's this brand new thing called having patience. You should try it out some time.

As for the rest of you, ily and hope you enjoy. <3

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourty

Lexa had made the decision to allow either Octavia or the villagers to come to us and tell us exactly what had happened. Until then, they would perform the ascension ceremony.

Lexa sat upon her throne while she looked to the leaders of the other clans, as well as the young people she had been training. They would be her seconds, and this day, one of them would be chosen to be the next commander. They were the nightbloods, which meant that they were the only ones who could be the next commanders.

Clarke and I stood off to the side, watching Lexa speak.

"We gather here on this Ascension Day to honor the commanders that came before me, those who live on within me as I will live on within one of you."

She didn't get to continue, because a fairly large amount of people came into the room while shouting in Trigedasleng. One of the men, who seemed to be the leader with the way that the others all followed behind them, stood with a cane and a strangely vicious look in his eye.

"Titus, what is this?" Lexa asked her Flamekeeper.

"Something you need to hear, Heda," I heard him say.

The leader bowed down on one knee, and it wasn't long before two men behind him came forwards. My eyes widened when I saw that they were holding Octavia, who had her hands tied behind her back and a gag in her mouth.

"Octavia," I whispered, darting forwards, only to have my arm grabbed my Clarke.

"Wait," she said, watching the leader closely.

The leader continued to speak in the grounder language, and I could only make out one part of what he said. He said that he was Semet of Trikru.

Lexa replied to him, and when she said Octavia's name, I knew that she was asking why Octavia was being kept prisoner.

He spoke, and it seemed that Clarke knew far more Trigedasleng than I did. She walked forwards and down the steps to stand in front of Semet, and I followed after her.

"What crimes?" she asked, turning to Lexa and Titus. "What happened?"

Lexa, Clarke, and I already knew what was going to happen. At least, what was supposed to happen. Octavia was supposed to convince them to leave, and it seems that the plan did not work out like they thought it would.

"Skaikru attacked their village," Titus said, and Clarke, Lexa, and I all looked at each other with knowing expressions. I had had a feeling this would happen. "Because their warriors were lost when your people massacred the army we had sent to protect you, their village was defenseless."

The people all stayed silent for a moment, then started to yell the same words over and over again.

"Jus drein, jus daun!" they all began to shout, and somehow, I knew that it was the Grounder's main quote: Blood Must Have Blood.