L - Don't Trust Me

This chapter is sucky :((((((((((

Oh and you guys should check out my new story called Centenary

It's on my other account made for original stories ^_^ fxrgetthewxrld

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fifty

I was barely awake at that point, but was self aware enough that I could hear the sounds of metal jingling. The echo of a metal door being opened as heard, and I heard the scuffling of feet upon dirt. I felt the hands on my arms suddenly disappear, and then I was pushed forwards. I was barely able to put my hands in front of me so that I didn't land badly, and felt the tiny stones mixed with dirt scrape at my palms and fingers. They didn't even bother to chain me up like the others, likely because they knew that I couldn't move on my own and also thought that everyone else was stuck where they were.

"Ven!" the shaking of chains was also heard, and angered and frustrated grunts quickly followed.

"Calm yourself!" A harsh voice shouted, before the rattling of more chains echoed in my ears. "I'll get her!"

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. The hand was rather calloused, and I could almost feel the scars that lingered on it. The hand turned me so that I was laying on my back, and I finally gathered the strength to open my eyes ever so slightly. I could make out a dark figure that was crouched down, leaning over me. It took me a few moments to finally remember where I had seen that cold-looking face before.

"Indra," I whispered, my voice hoarse and cracking.

"Don't talk," she said immediately. "You'll make it worse."

My vision focused, and I could make out a black shape from beside me. I saw that it was a metal spike with chains attached to it, and my eyes followed the chains to see that the chains were around Indra's right wrist. She had somehow freed herself, and right now, I was grateful for that.

"Indra!" Indra suddenly turned at the call of her name. "Bring her over here!"

Indra didn't move, and I could tell that she was glaring at the person who spoke. I recognized that voice. I knew it, but I still couldn't quite place it.

"Please, just bring her here," the owner of the voice begged, desperation in their tone.

Indra took my right arm and put it over her shoulders, then stood and pulled me up with her. I struggled, but gained feeling in my feet, and willed myself to move. I dragged my feet a little, but was able to take a bit of weight off of Indra. She helped me over to the wall, where I quickly put my hand out against it. I wasn't strong enough though, and she knew that, so she helped me to sit down and lean against the stone. I could barely sit up on my own, having exhausted all my strength on moving over here. I felt a pair of arms encase me when I fell to the side a little, and my head rested against a hard chest.

"What if she is still infected?" I heard Indra suddenly hiss.

Infected... An interesting word for it.

"She isn't," I heard him say rather harshly.

Murphy's voice echoed in my ears, memories rushing back almost instantly. He held me tightly to him, almost like he was trying to restrict my movements. Was it because he was so relieved to see me, or because he was scared of me? He should be frightened after all I have done.

Part of me prayed that I had only done those things because of ALIE, but another part knew that I was partly to blame.

"M-Murphy-" I started, but cut myself off. It hurt to speak.

My hands shook and tears burned at my eyes, which I quickly blinked away. I was terrified. What if she took over my mind again? What if she wasn't really gone? What if she made me hurt Murphy?

He held me a little tighter, and I could hear his heartbeat. It had been racing, but was calming now.

"You're gonna be fine, Ven," he promised, and I shook even harder. It was so difficult to stop myself from crying. I wanted to so badly.

"We need to know what happened," Indra said from in front of Murphy.

"Indra, look at her!" he almost shouted, but when I winced, he lowered his voice to a near whisper. "She's scared and she's tired. Let her rest a while, okay?"

I felt myself drifting into the sanctuary of sleep again, finally feeling a little relaxed. The tears didn't threaten to fall anymore. Maybe it was just because I was able to hear his voice again.

I could tell that Indra didn't quite trust me again, which I understood.

Frankly, I wouldn't trust me either.

*

My dreams were full of scenes of darkness. It reminded me of the ark, in a way. How I would stare out the windows and watch the darkness outside, where stars would linger and we would see Earth rather often. That bit of light that would give us hope. I think that even if we didn't quite realize it, we all somehow knew that we would go back again. Especially the kids in the skybox. Parts of us knew that we would make it there, even if we needed to die in order to do so. We would make it to Earth.

I opened my eyes to see that the giant cell was full of nothing but darkness, just like my dreams. I could hear low sounds, and realized that it was the breathing of other prisoners along with snoring from some of them. They were all asleep, but I could tell from the way that Murphy hugged me a little closer that he was not. He was wide awake.

"Feel better?" he asked, his voice hoarse from being unused.

I nodded a little, and he could feel the movement on his chest.

"Good."

We stayed in silence for a while, before I finally spoke.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I l-left you again."

"Titus told me. You thought I was gonna follow you. I get it."

"I sh-shouldn't have left," I whimpered.

I could only feel guilt now. If I hadn't have left, maybe I could have gotten him. Maybe I could have convinced Clarke to stay, and find him. I could have saved him from being stuck in a prison cell. It was my choice that brought us both here.

"You're here now and you're okay. That's all I care about," he said

I barely had the energy to argue with him. I decided that I needed to save it, and that I needed to prepare.

I knew that Clarke, Bellamy, Octavia... I knew that they would never allow this to happen. They were either dead, or they were planning their move. I knew that they weren't dead.

War was coming.