25 [Real Life]

"So which movie tonight?" Tom asked quietly. Claire had showered and changed into pajamas in the bathroom as Tom waited on the bed, and she had just slipped beneath the fuzzy blanket to join him.

"Can we watch a Studio Ghibli movie?" Claire replied, opening her laptop.

"Sure, just not Arrietty." Claire laughed softly at his dislike of watching movies he was in. She hoped she wouldn't be like that, because she definitely was going watch to keep watching all the the Marvel movies. They decided on watching My Neighbor Totoro, and snuggled up together under Claire's blanket.

"What is this?" Claire whispered quietly after the movie ended.

"What is what?" Tom asked, becoming nervous.

"I mean, what are we?" Claire shifted so that she was facing Tom. He stared into her eyes and swallowed shakily before saying, "We are whatever you want us to be," and then quietly added, "hopefully more than friends."

Claire smiled at the boy in front of her. His curly brown hair was sticking up everywhere, and his looked at her thoughtfully. "I like you Tom."

"I like you too Claire," Tom responded, the tension between them growing as they got closer to confessing how they felt.

"Tom, I like you so much it scares me," Claire said quietly, never breaking eye contact.

Tom stared back, his breath caught in his throat. He reached over and pushed a stray strand of hair out of Claire's face before asking, "Claire, will you, will you be my girlfriend?"

A smile broke out on Claire's face. Instead of answering she leaned forwards a little, and Tom, realizing what she was doing, leaned in to close the gap. Their lips touched gently, and it felt like fireworks were exploding in their chests. Tom broke away from this kiss and mumbled, "I certainly hope that was a yes." Claire giggled an responded with an eye roll.

"Of course that was a yes, you idiot."