2 [Article]

Ballerinas Are Taking Over The Acting Scene!

San Fransisco native Claire Nicholson and Arizona native Anna Bennett are two young ballerinas who seem to be entering the acting business as well as landing their first professional contracts.

Nicholson was a trainee at San Fransisco Ballet last year, and is now in the corps de ballet. She gained a huge Instagram following from her amazing photography skills, ballet photos and pics of food that got even us to want to eat healthily. She was recently announced to being on Marvel's shortlist of casting for the role of Yulia Maximoff aka Blue Shadow, the lost younger sibling of the Maximoff twins (played by Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson). Just yesterday, Marvel officially announced Claire Nicholson would indeed be bringing Blue Shadow to life in the upcoming movies.

Bennett has taken a different route into film. She landed the role as Paige in a new ballet movie, On Pointe, which is currently in production. She gained fame from competing at YAGP, as well as competitions in China and Europe. She is currently in the second company at Boston Ballet.

The two ballerinas went to the San Fransisco Ballet School together, and are actually best friends, so we're excited to see if the two will have a movie together in the future.

For now, good luck to the two of them, and we are so excited to see what they do next!

Karen Richards, Pop Culture Editor