20 [Real Life + Instagram]

Claire got back to her hotel room a little after four in the afternoon, while everyone else was still on set filming. The team had already shot a few scenes since landing in Germany last week. It was mostly the scenes where Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes and T'Challa were being transported to the SHEILD base after being captured, so Claire wasn't needed on set. She still had gone with everyone else on those days, since she wanted to learn as much as she could from the older, more experienced actors. Today had only been the second day in almost four weeks that she had gone to a ballet class, and she was exhausted. Even with the training she was doing for the movie, some of the muscles she used in ballet hadn't been used in a while.

She flopped down on her bed, one of the two in the room. Because of limited space, some of the cast members were sharing hotel rooms: Chris, Robert and Sebastian; Tom and Anthony; Paul, Chadwick and Jeremy, Scarlett and Emily; and Claire and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth wouldn't be back until ten, so Claire had six hours of alone time, something she hadn't had much of since she came on set. The whole experience so far had been a little strange and sudden, not unlike Tom's immediate appearance on set after being cast. The audition process was very quick and informal, with just three Skype calls and a lunch meeting before heading to the theater one day in San Fransisco.

After showering and taking time for a face mask to help her skin recover from the heavy makeup Blue Shadow required in some scenes, Claire still had five hours alone. While she was debating whether or not to get room service, she heard a knock on the door. She jumped, not expecting it, but quickly made her way over to the door. Glancing through the peephole, she saw none other than Tom Holland himself.

"Hey uh, I got done filming early, but the rest of the guys are still working. I was wondering if you, I dunno, wanted to hang out? Catch up? We've been working together for almost a month but we haven't really–"

"Talked much?" Claire interrupted. Tom looked up from the ground sheepishly.

"Yeah."

"Sure come in," Claire suddenly felt a little self conscious about her baggy t-shirt, Marvel pajama shorts (just because she worked for Marvel now didn't make her any less of fangirl) and messy bun, though she knew Tom probably didn't notice.

There was a comfortable silence in the room as Claire sat down on her bed, Tom following suit.

"Do you want to watch a movie? I'm too tired to get up again."

Tom nodded, and Claire grabbed her laptop. She sat down again, this time a little closer to Tom. The awkwardness from before had disappeared, and the two teens felt oddly at ease with each other.

"What's your favorite movie?" Tom looked over at Claire, leaning a little closer. Claire pretended not to notice that the space between them was quickly growing smaller.

"The Impossible," she answered quietly, a little embarrassed because it was one of Tom's movies. "Or the Captain America movies."

Tom looked at her thoughtfully. "So either a movie I'm in or a movie that's connected to the one we're working on right now..." He trailed off as he saw Claire's cheeks getting redder. "I'd rather not watch myself in a film, if that's all right."

"Yeah, I get it, totally, how about the first Captain America movie? It's my favorite Marvel film," Claire mumbled, a little embarrassed from admitting The Impossible was one of her favorite movies.

an hour later:

tomholland2013

movie night 💙

movie night 💙

Tagged: tippytoegirl

username: omg

tippytoegirl: 💙

username: ^^^OMG

chrisevans: you two kids are so cute

chrisevans: also cute that you're watching Captain America

imsebastianstan: omg

imsebastianstan: honored you picked a movie I'm in

username4: is it weird to watch a movie with people you work with?

anthonymackie: OMG

paulrudd: a little username4

elizabetholsen: aww

username: goals

annabennett: tippytoegirl skype me tomorrow

username: omg Rudd!

tippytoegirl: annabennett I will

~~~

At around eleven, Elizabeth walked into the room to find a scene that made her heart melt. Tom and Claire were cuddled up under the covers of Claire's bed, a laptop sitting precariously close to the edge. She went over and removed the computer, and smiled. She knew Claire was shy, and didn't open up easily, and she hoped that things would work out with Tom.

Elizabeth quickly texted Scarlett and Emily, asking if she could spend the night in their room. She left the room, giving Tom and Claire the room to themselves.

S/o to my sister for helping me edit this chapter