24 [Real Life + Filming]

After an hour and a half in hair and makeup, Claire was finally on set, ready to film. They were at the Leipzig/Halle Airport in Germany, filming bits for the big fight scene. Today they were filming Blue Shadow's portions of the fight, and it had been decided to start the day of filming with the scene between Spiderman and Blue Shadow, since the directors wanted to have enough time to have as many takes as needed.

Claire glanced over to where Tom was standing, talking with the director about his character's intentions in this fight. She sighed inwardly, trying to ignore her nerves. Tom looked away from his conversation and their eyes met, a friendly, reassuring gesture.
The crew finished getting the cameras in place as Claire followed Tom onto the small area of tarmac the airport had allowed them to work on. She adjusted her jacket, a deep royal blue faux leather, and got in position. Because of the way the movie was going to be edited, the post-production crew was going to cut directly to Spiderman and Blue Shadow midfight after Natasha answered Clint's question as they fought.
"3...2...1...Action, take 1," a crew member shouted.

Spiderman threw a punch directed at Blue Shadow's face, but she dodged the blow. Gathering up some energy, she shot a small blue bolt towards Spiderman's right side. The web slinger fell over. Blue Shadow began to gather up another bolt but was interrupted with a shot of webs around her feet. Spiderman pulled at the webs quickly, jerking Blue Shadow off her feet. She fell, but rolled out of the way as another shot of webs stuck to the ground where her left arm had been. She sent a few blue waves of energy to her feet, frying the webs and freeing herself to stand up in to the side of her opponent. She blocked a punch to her left, grabbing Spiderman's wrist and bring him into a sort of headlock/hug. She took a punch in the ribs as she mumbled "I don't like masks," and proceeded to rid Spiderman of his disguise. Another punch, harder this time, landed right in her stomach, and she released the boy from her grip, surprised. Peter whirled around, and Yulia gasped. The two stared at each other, not moving, until Peter went hurtling backwards, red energy surrounding him. Yulia whipped around to see her older sister looking at her, annoyed.
"You were pulling your punches," Wanda stated, before walking back to assist Clint against Natasha.

"CUT," the director shouted.

Claire looked up at Tom, slightly out of breath. They'd practiced the fight sequence before, but it was a little difficult to act as though the webs were there, when all they had was some black cords and it had been the first time they had added on the part where Blue Shadow takes off Spiderman's mask.

"That was good Claire, but can we do that again, and this time try to look a little more shocked when you take off Spiderman's mask. Remember, you aren't expecting a face you know."

The hours went by slowly, and when they wrapped the scene at lunchtime, both Claire and Tom were exhausted. Tom was done for the day, but Claire still had to go back after their break for the scene when she explains to Wanda why she hesitated against Peter.

***

"See, that wasn't so bad," Tom said over his sandwich. Claire looked up from her salad, still flustered from spending so much time so close to Tom.

"I guess," she whispered, before clearing her throat and continuing, "Sorry for gripping you so hard in the headlock that last time."

"Ah it's fine, really, don't worry about it," Tom responded, hoping Claire would believe him, but he already felt a bruise forming on his shoulder. Claire looked at him doubtfully, but said nothing. "Want to hang out after you're done filming? We could watch a movie again or something..." Tom stared hopefully across the table to Claire.

"Sure," she smiled, laughing slightly at how excited Tom looked after she answered.

***

Back on set, this time with just Elizabeth, Claire got ready for her next scene. It was right after Steve and Bucky escaped in the Quinjet, as Blue Shadow and Scarlet Witch watched Iron Man, War Machine and Falcon fly after the plane.

"3...2...1...Action, take 1!" the crew member shouted.

"So, care to explain why you stopped fighting back there?" Wanda asked her little sister, a calm but annoyed look on her face.

"When I pulled his mask off...I didn't know Spiderman was also Peter..." Yulia admitted quietly, watching as the three superheros began to catch up to the plane.

"You know him?" Wanda looked down at the shorter girl, surprised. "How?"

"When..When Herr Strucker was experimenting in me, before he got you two fully trained, he sent me to New York City to see how well I could blend in, since he wanted me to be a spy. My English was nearly perfect, my accent was gone, but to be out there on my own...I was still only 13. It was scary, in a new city with no one. I was trying to do ordinary tasks, to blend in. I ordered a coffee at this one place, and as I was leaving, I tripped and spilled it all over myself. There was a boy there, my age. He helped me clean up the spill and then brought me back to his apartment to give me a clean t-shirt. We talked the whole time. That boy was Peter Parker. I hadn't seen him since because Strucker picked me up the following day, at least, not until now. Peter Parker, Spiderman...wow."

"Oh Yulia..."

"It's fine, it was two years ago..."

"Cut!" Claire broke character and looked at the director. "That was good, but try to make it more monotone at the end. Yulia is thinking things over and not really invested in the conversation."

Filming continued for seven more hours, and the stopped only because the sun had gone down behind the terminal. Claire was eager to just get back to the hotel and shower.

It was only as Elizabeth and Claire were walking into the hotel lobby that the younger of the two remembered her plans with Tom.

"Liz?"

"Yeah Claire? What is it?"

"Um," Claire struggled to find the words she wanted, "Tom and I, uh–"

"Are you guys dating!?" Elizabeth interrupted excitedly.

"What!? No, um, no but we were going to watch a movie tonight and uh, I mean you can stay but, could you maybe, um..."

"I'll leave you two alone," Elizabeth laughed at how embarrassed Claire was getting. "Just let me grab some things from our room and I'll go to Scarlett and Emily's room." Claire breathed out, and only then realized she had been holding her breath.