"So Flora, how are you today?" He said while his tattooed hands grasped the steering wheel nonchalantly. The engine happily made a revving sound as Thorin's foot stepped on the gas pedal and backed out of my driveway dramatically. I myself drove but I didn't drive like I was going to be drag racing like Thorin did. No, I actually drove like I cared about the law.

"Oh, I'm just peachy Thorin." I said sarcastically.

"Great." He smiled while driving away from my house, again, a thing that would protect me from the outside world. "Then you'll enjoy our date tonight."

I snorted. "This isn't a date. It's an informal meeting of two parties where one of the parties is held against their will." Under the dimming sun, the town didn't look as though it usually did. Some parts looked the same, like the stores that my ass refused to go in. Some parts were not recognizable as he sped past them.

"Well, for this meeting there's two parts." He chuckled lightly. It wasn't reassuring at all.

"And where is this first part?" I questioned. We were going into a part of the town that I had no idea about. It was dark, kind of scary, something out of a gang movie. People walked down the sidewalks like how Thorin usually did whenever he snuck out of his house. "Thorin, I've never been down this part before."

"Really?" He turned to face me. "How long have you lived here for?"

"Just for a couple of years."

"And you've never been out in these parts before?"

"I didn't really have a reason to." My words came out while staring the darkening unfamiliar setting.

"Well, now I can be your reason." He nudged my arm.

A gag came out of my mouth. A fake gag, but a gag none the less. "Thorin, you're going to kill me!" I continued to fake gag. Instead of a smirk, there was a genuine smile on his face.

"Do you need me to pull over and give you CPR?" One of his hands went straight to his chest. "Because I've watched enough how-to videos and I can totally help you." His words rolled off of his tongue. I hate to admit it, his deep voice was nicer than the honking horns and cussing that was coming from the streets.

Back and forth went Thorin's face when it came to looking at me who wanted to die and the road that needed all of his attention. "Thorin, keep your eyes on the road!" My voice shrilled.

"But you're dying! The road can wait!" The dummy tried to match my shrill but failed. It did actually warm my heart. Well, the heat blasting on my chubby cheeks and whatever was revealed on my chest warmed up my heart. But so did Thorin's 'high pitched voice'.

"Thorin, just let me die." I gasped out.

"It's okay, we're at the first part of the date. I can give you mouth to mouth now." The car stopped abruptly along with it, my heart. Lights tried to blind me, blasting harsh rays into my eyes. Maybe I should have been thankful that the monster was trying to keep itself hidden from me and keep my eyes pure. It wasn't an actual monster but it was to me and people of my kind.