Thirty-Six.

"He's in the house."

"Shit, okay... Fuck!" Jake ran a hand through his hair, "Lyds, what do we do?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"You've faced off against this guy a bunch of times! The only time I did, I almost died."

"Okay, okay!" I groaned, "Well, we need to hide somewhere and considering that asshole knows we're locked in here this'll be the first place he looks. So we need to move and we need to do it fast. Any ideas?"

"The attic! There's a skylight we could climb out of and up onto the roof."

"But he said we couldn't leave the house."

"Sometimes you have to break the rules."

Jake slowly pulled open his bedroom door with one hand and with his other he grabbed ahold of my own. The hallway was almost pitch black, i could just barely make out Jake's tall figure in the dim light.

The sound of a glass breaking somewhere downstairs echoed across the house and as silently as he could, Jake pulled down the fold-out stairs to the attic and the two of us climbed inside.

"Now we need to be really quiet okay."

"Why?"

Only a second later, the sound of a floorboard creaking could be heard and Jake held a finger up to his lips.

I immediately knew why we had to be so quiet up there, it was because he was right beneath us.

With shaky hands, I moved around Jake and pushed open the skylight, it was obvious it hadn't been opened in what looked like years as cobwebs covered the glass and rust coated the metal.

"Alright. I'll climb out and then I'll pull you up, got it?" He told me

"I got it."

"And in case this all goes to shit, I just want you to know... I think you're really hot." He chuckled

"Douche."

"But you like it." He smirked, quickly he pecked my cheek before lifting himself up and out of the skylight, there was only silence for a few seconds as I stood there and blushed crimson red.

But then the attic door burst open and a knife was thrown, it hit the wall only centimetres away from my head and I let out a scream.

"Lydia!" Jake yelled

"Go! Get out of here!" I begged him, but the idiot didn't listen and instead dropped down from the skylight.

He stood protectively in front of me and I desperately tried to push him out of the way before anything bad could happen, but he wouldn't budge.

"Jake, move!"

The killer reached beneath his cloak to pull out what I guessed was another knife but before he could Jake hit the weapon out of his hands and it hit the ground with a thud.

The murderer stopped and looked between us and the knife stuck in the wall and the second knife that lay on the ground. What felt like a whole minute passed by before they made a move, he ran towards the knife that was stuck in the wall but as he frantically tried to pull it loose, Jake grabbed ahold of his shoulder and punched him right in the face.