Twenty.

Pic above is a hint at what happens this chapter... enjoy 😉

"What the hell were you thinking?"

I felt like I was a naughty school child being told off by the principal, when in reality I was a badly behaved sixteen year old being yelled at by my dad and Maggie for breaking and entering into an abandoned hospital.

"Yes! What were you thinking?" My father's eyes narrowed at me, he pointed a finger in my direction, "You kids could've been hurt, or worse!"

"We're fine dad." I rolled my eyes

"Every piece of evidence in that hospital is potentially inadmissible because of you!"

"How did you even know we were there?" I groaned, reaching over to the desk to steal my Dad's mug of coffee, he smacked my hand away.

I sorely rubbed my hand, "Anonymous tip. Someone saw you guys breaking in." Maggie spoke, she was much calmer than my Dad.

"We swept that place a week ago, looking for Tyler. So why were you guys there?"

"A package came to the house. The 1994 lancers year book... He cut out people's faces, he wrote stuff."

"Oh my god, Emma." Maggie crouched down infront of her daughter

"Why didn't you come straight here?"

"Because the last time we came here, it didn't really turn out that well!" I snapped, I instantly regretted it. I shouldn't have shouted at him like that, especially when I knew he was doing everything in his power to help us.

"Hey that's not fair!" Maggie turned to look at me, but I already knew it wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that I'd yelled at my dad, it wasn't fair that I'd been stabbed, it wasn't fair that Riley was dead. None of it was fair.

"Mom, none of this is fair." Emma shushed her

"Why didn't you tell me about any of this?"

"I didn't want anybody else to die because of me." I placed a comforting hand over Emma's.

"We said we didn't think it was Tyler." I shot a look at my Dad and Maggie, "But no one believed us."

"But you belive us now, right?" Audrey rose an eyebrow

"Well, considering his head is in that hospital and his body is in the car, yeah. We believe you."

"Glad we cleared that up." Noah clapped his hands, pulling me to stand up with him.

"Sit down." The Sheriff placed a hand on both Noah and I's shoulders, forcing us back into our seats, "Don't move. I'm gonna need your camera Audrey."

"Why do you need her camera?" I asked

"If everything in that hospital is inadmissable then we need evidence from Audrey's video footage." He swiftly took the camera from her hands, "Now all of you, get out of here. Go home. Do me a favour. Any further contact, you call me immediately."

"Let's go." Maggie said to Emma, she grabbed her by the arm and escorted her out of the room, Audrey and Noah shot me sad looks before following the pair.

"So I guess you're about to lecture me?"

"There's just one thing I don't get... Why did you feel like you couldn't tell me?"

"Like Emma said, I didn't want anybody else to die. I already lost Riley, Nina and Tyler, I don't want to lose anyone else."

"I know... I know." Before I even knew what was happening I was firmly grasped in my dad's arms and for a split second I felt safe from the murder right outside my door.