Ten.

Feels like a double update kinda day

"When the girls, when the girls talk, when the girls talk boys. Hey! When you're talking to your girls, do you talk about me? Do you say that I'm a sweetheart? Do you say that I'm a freak? Do you tell 'em-"

"Hey! What the hell?" I hissed, annoyance seeping into my voice. I placed the dumbbell I'd been using back on its holder, as I sat up from my laying position on the bench press.

"I didn't know you came to this gym?" Jake spoke, still holding my earphones in his hand.

"Can I have those back, please?"

"What are you listening to?"

"I don't know because you tore my earphones out of my ears."

"I like it when you get feisty." Jake laughed, sitting down on the end of the bench press I'd been using, "5 Seconds of Summer, huh? They're still your favourite band?"

"Michael Clifford is my future boyfriend, i could never betray him by moving on to another band!"

"You speak about him as if you'd be cheating on him. But then again, who could blame you when you've got this hot bod sitting right infront of you?"

"Do you always have to try to get into my pants?" I elbowed him jokingly in the ribs.

"Hey! What can I say? I'm committed."

"That you are." I lay back down on the bench, once again grasping the dumbbell in my hands, Jake moved to stand infront of the bench press, his hands also holding onto the weight so he could spot me.

"So I've been meaning to ask you-"

"If you're asking me to sleep with you I swear to god-"

"No, it's not that. I have a basketball game tomorrow night and I was wondering if you'd... come watch?"

"What? You want me to sit on the bleachers, wearing your oversized letterman jacket whilst I cheer you on?"

"Could you?" He rose an eyebrow.

"Perhaps, but that seems like something a girlfriend would do, and I'm not your girlfriend, Jakey-Boy." I stood up, dusting off my clothes, grabbing my gym bag off the ground before I turned to leave.

"Wait!"

"Yes?"

"You forgot this." He handed me my phone, I took it out of his hands. "So I'll see you tomorrow night? At the game?"

"We'll see."

*

*

*

*

*

*

"Welcome, everyone, to George Washington High School, and welcome to the visiting Stanton Bulldogs, who will be taking on our very own, hometown, Lakewood Lancers!"

"Sports ball! Yeah!" Brooke said sarcastically, "Is it just me or are Will and Jake staring at you guys?"

I glanced over towards Emma who sat beside me, her eyes following Will around the gym as he stared back at her. Jake stood beside him, pointing over to me, but he quickly dropped his hand when he noticed my line of view.

"So Emma came huh?" Jake said incredibly loudly

"Shes here. That's all that matters."

But I only wished I'd heard the first part of the conversation which I could only assume had been about me.