Thirty.

"So, I was thinking."

Everything finally felt normal, the killer had left us alone for a while, Audrey was no longer a suspect in the murders, and Jake and I were back to normal.

We walked the halls together, his arm hung around my shoulders and a smile on my face. Everything felt great.

I was glad Audrey was no longer a suspect, because quite frankly when she was a suspect the thought of her killing our friends and trying to kill me, terrified me. Ever since Emma, Noah and I had watched the video on Audrey's on SD card, I hadn't felt the same way around her, but after she explained the story behind the video my mind was put at ease.

"About?"

"Why don't you come over to my place after school?" He squeezed me against his side, "We can order take-out and watch one of those shitty rom-coms that you like."

"Sounds... tempting."

"Ans of course you'd get to spend time with me which is a bonus!"

"Okay, but only because there's going to be take-out and rom-coms."

"Not because I'm there?"

"Ew, no." I scoffed, making Jake chuckle.

"But just one thing." He said, "This isn't a date, right?"

"Who said it was going to be a date?"

Before Jake could even squeeze another word out, Emma and Brooke came running towards us and I immediately separated from him, knowing for a fact that if the two of them saw Jake and I all over each other again, then they'd never let it go.

"Emma, hey!" I smiled

"Hey! Uh- have either of you guys seen Will?"

"Not since last night."

"He was with you guys last night?"

"Yeah, we saw him at practice yesterday, he was feeling pretty rock bottom so he sat up on the bleachers with Lyds and watched, but he was only there for about a half hour before he had to leave."

"Oh." Emma sighed

"Why are you guys asking?"

"We can't find him anywhere." Brooke explained, "Nobody's heard anything from him since yesterday."

"That's weird...

"He's probably at home with a hang over!" Jake tried to reassure everyone, "I bet he's probably neck deep in a bottle of his Dad's cheap-label whiskey right now!'

"Which is exactly where he belongs." Brooke flipped her hair

"He texted me that he tried to fix things last night but failed, god knows what that meant, it was really weird." Emma sighed

"Wait, you said your Dad went out last night right?" Jake turned to look at Brooke

"Yeah, why?"

"Well I think I know who he was meeting."

"What are you talking about?" Emma questioned

"Jake found out that Will's been blackmailing my Dad, he had a video of him doing something pretty shifty."

"Wait what?" I gasped, my eyes flickered to look at Jake, "Can I talk to you for a minute, in private?"

"Yeah, sure." He agreed as we walked a few feet away from our friends.

My voice immediately dropped to a hushed whisper, "You're pinning the whole blackmail thing on Will? He'll lose everything!"

"I know that Lydia... I had no other choice." He shook his head, "Will's my best friend, but it was a choice between him and you... And I'll always pick you."